1945 Jagdtiger Tank Destroyer

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Re: 1945 Jagdtiger Tank Destroyer

Post by FredtheFrench »

Mine will be X7 destroyed at Netphen...
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon, Jofaur,
Thank you for the links! I have seen both of those excellent videos and indeed, have some of Jon's wonderful Magic Grime to use on my builds. It is an amazing filter and I cannot speak more highly of it. As always, I go my own road when it comes to what the final detailing looks like on my Builds. I keep the physical historical but the unit designations are often numbered 321 ( the German stuff ) for my own personal reasons. I've gone a little further outside of my comfort zone with this one but feel that the final result will be pleasing.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Fred!
I read about the History of the Jagdtigers. Incredible stuff. Looking forward to seeing yours. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Lot cleanup and watering of trees done today just in time for Rainstorms to sweep down the Valley. I had taken some time to detail the rear deck MG42 last night and take some pics of the finished mount. Time for a post.
Pics: (Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
Ongoing work!
Ongoing work!
Contrast between black and gunmetal can be seen.jpg
Contrast between black and gunmetal can be seen.jpg
A little closer...very industrial looking....jpg
A little closer...very industrial looking....jpg
MG42 Mount completed.jpg
MG42 Mount completed.jpg
MG42 in Flat Black and Gunmetal with Brass and Steel accents ... Wood stock....jpg
MG42 in Flat Black and Gunmetal with Brass and Steel accents ... Wood stock....jpg
Cured and ready to begin again.jpg
Cured and ready to begin again.jpg
Set aside to dry...note the molded in teeth on the post for adjusting the height of the mount..jpg
Set aside to dry...note the molded in teeth on the post for adjusting the height of the mount..jpg
Model Masters Flat Black for the base coat of the MG42.jpg
Model Masters Flat Black for the base coat of the MG42.jpg
Bow MG in Flat Black and Gunmetal... the Ball Mount was left in Rott Braun..jpg
Bow MG in Flat Black and Gunmetal... the Ball Mount was left in Rott Braun..jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Over more than few days I puttered around with the excellent Aber Fire Extinguisher kit. I thought about several paint schemes and was going to go with gray and black. In the end, some spots of color on this vehicle will draw the eye to some of the neater features. So, German Green and Panzer Gray with brass fittings make it up. Capped off with a neat and bright Tetra 2 decal. I was careful and all the bits that should move, move. The only cement used is holding the base to the rubber mounts I came up with to keep the vibration of this monster when in motion from shaking things loose. Thanks again, Dave and Julie for getting this mini marvel sourced and shipped to me.
Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
On to more Fun.jpg
On to more Fun.jpg
I'm pleased I was able to pull off assembling this tiny piece of eye candy into a reasonable facsimile of what it should look like..jpg
I'm pleased I was able to pull off assembling this tiny piece of eye candy into a reasonable facsimile of what it should look like..jpg
A perfect fit...the neat decal came with the kit....jpg
A perfect fit...the neat decal came with the kit....jpg
Initial paints...you can barely make out the uber tiny hatch lid for the base laying on the armored ventilation fan cover..jpg
Initial paints...you can barely make out the uber tiny hatch lid for the base laying on the armored ventilation fan cover..jpg
Test fitting the base to the mounts.jpg
Test fitting the base to the mounts.jpg
Tamiya to preserve fine detail.jpg
Tamiya to preserve fine detail.jpg
Shock absorbing mounts.jpg
Shock absorbing mounts.jpg
Beginnings of an idea.jpg
Beginnings of an idea.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Holy moley!.....that extinguisher is an award winning project on its own !
Hope you secured it well Mr Wolf, be a shame to have you on hands & knees combing the Colorado landscape for that I can tell ya 8O
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Very nice. I've been debating what colour to do my fire extinguisher. Mine is a solid metal one, not as nice as this one.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
DzNile4L
Private

Post by DzNile4L »

Oooooooo, nice
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Herman!
I hear you. It is well secured. I will be driving this vehicle like the original Tankers did, slow and carefully. ;0) Paint and detail will turn any part into eye candy detail, NAB. I only have a couple of super detailed extinguishers now for the very reason, Herman mentioned. When your tanks are runners, you want to be careful how much model show, uber delicate scale detail you add to them. It is always a fine balance between rivet counting realism and being able to enjoy them as they are, running along in the Rough!
Dz, thank you for looking in! ;o) Yesterday was spent on the road picking up a new member of the family, Luna Wolf, an 8 wk old Greyhound Grrl. I will be back to the Build this week after getting her settled into her new Home.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Being Cute is Hard Work.jpg
Being Cute is Hard Work.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Lovely dogs greyhounds. So lazy though!
I have 2 lurchers (greyhound, whippet, saluki)

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Return to “Other Builds”