1945 Jagdtiger Tank Destroyer

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: 1945 Jagdtiger Tank Destroyer

Post by jackalope »

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. No words can ever express the love we have for our pets and losing one is horrible. I haven't been around much though I do look check in almost daily. I was hoping to see progress on your build, not this terrible loss.

We lost 2 dogs last year. Siku around this time last year, she was 15. Shadow, 13, passed the day after Christmas. Losing a beloved pet is losing a family member.

I'm so sorry.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Sorry for your loss. It’ll be a rough few months. We lost our beloved Ellie in November so I share your pain.

Keep your chin up.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Morning, My Friends,
Thank you again. As you have noted, Age brings us many gifts and many sorrows. I am shaped everyday by Loss and the Kindness shown to me by Family and Friends. I appreciate you all.
with every regard,
Painless, Grifter, Jack and Waylon

PS: The Folks we know here in Colorado who work with Rescue Greyhounds have reached out to us upon hearing this news. It might be early for us to consider but Waylon is lonely and daily breaks my heart anew with his constant searching for Jack.
...Here for the Dawn...
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

I remember meeting Waylon soon after you first brought him home, and I'll bet he drove jack crazy. Maybe it'll be "turnabout is fair play" for him. Whatever you decide, please know that you're in our thoughts.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Those were good Days, Mike,
Thank you again, my Friend. We are talking alot about what is best to do. Be Safe out there.
regard always,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

So sorry for your companion. I understand it is really hard to continue the build. Your head is elsewhere for moment.

Courage.
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

We can never keep them long enough painless, my condolences.....we have two dogs ourselves.

Sent from my 9032Z using Tapatalk

You can call me Will:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Thank you, Fred and Shooter for looking in.
Back when we lost Wish and immediately afterwards, my Ex, in March of 2014, it was the KV-2 build that kept my hands and mind busy. Once I get up and put hand to tool and plastic again, I think the same will prove true of this Jagdtiger. I am older now and Time just keeps adding the losses. I will get busy again soon.
Thank you again and regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Painless,

I don't post so much these days as you know but I just wanted to let you know how much I understand and feel your loss. Like so many, my wife and I lost our beautiful fat Bassett, Oliver, 14 years or so ago, yet even today we still miss him and talk about him. The day he left us, and every bit of that day, is still fresh in my mind, it was tough to lose our best friend but I would not change a thing, not a bit of it, he brought joy to us and everyone who met him - this is why they are 'so worth it', as they say.

The Jagtiger looks fabulous by the way, and I hope doing your thing with it helps make this almost inevitable part of life just a little more painless.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Painless, if you are having Jack chremated you may want to keep him close in a small ashes necklace pot thing (they have a name and are on eBay). I shared my cancer experience at the same time as my Lilly cat, as close as my kids, and only one of us made it through. She is never far away. She helped me build all my models, mostly by sitting on all the small bits. If l couldn't find a piece l would always find it in her long fur ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Other Builds”