1945 Jagdtiger Tank Destroyer

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1945 Jagdtiger Tank Destroyer

Post by PainlessWolf »

Doc and General.
Thank you. It helps a lot to have Friends offer support. So very much. Today I went out and cleaned up the Lot. Everything that I do that picks up after him or removes something that Jack interacted with diminishes me. It will be all right in Time. I cannot be gladder that Waylon is here. He misses his Adoptive Brother for there was not a day that he has been with us that Jack was not here. We will not leave him lonely long. Yes, Jack is being cremated and I will go up and bring him home a last time tomorrow or the next day. Whenever the Emergency Clinic calls. I am not looking forward to that drive but a part of me really wants him home. This Spring, Grifter and I are finishing the Garden corner of the interior Lot that we have been working 'at' for a while. Once done, we will release Wish and Jack there to watch over us.
Thank you again, Gentlemen.
with regards always,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

I have been ordering parts and pieces for the Jagdtiger and finally got to the point where I admitted ( to myself ) that waiting for things to come in the mail was just an excuse to sit and brood. My Boy Jack is asleep in my heart now along with everyone else that I have lost and it is past time for me to get back to living. Today I washed all the road wheels and the idlers and taped them off for primer and paint. I looked over the amazing little MG stand for the rear deck and am pleased with it's functionality. More fun soon.
Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
Some pretty clean work to start out from....jpg
Some pretty clean work to start out from....jpg
Ready for the next step.jpg
Ready for the next step.jpg
Waylon keeps an eye on my work.jpg
Waylon keeps an eye on my work.jpg
Starting out anew.jpg
Starting out anew.jpg
Detailing an AFV would be a lot more intensive a step....jpg
Detailing an AFV would be a lot more intensive a step....jpg
Without Dave and Julie to round things up....jpg
Without Dave and Julie to round things up....jpg
A sure sign of Quality....jpg
A sure sign of Quality....jpg
The Jagdtiger deserved a better fire extinguisher.jpg
The Jagdtiger deserved a better fire extinguisher.jpg
A source for brass from Poland.jpg
A source for brass from Poland.jpg
Replacements for the plastic Tow Cables.jpg
Replacements for the plastic Tow Cables.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

exciting :clap:
Drammen Rock City
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Certainly great to have you back Mr Wolf.................in body and definitely mind.

Im off to look up those MG mounts now !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Maxmekkar!
Thank you for looking in sir. I have got one of your excellent speakers slotted into this build to give the roar of the Tiger some authority. Herman. Thank you, sir. Building is good medicine for the soul.
Tonight is simple stuff ( to say ). I used a rottbraun color primer this time and went with one that I had seen good reports on from Modelers on line. It requires more cure time than the Tamiya Grey I normally favor so I will return to the wheels again tomorrow..
Pics: Click to Enlarge
Attachments
Lots of bolts and hardware on the wheels make a final touchup with a brush a needed thing...ready to cure.jpg
Lots of bolts and hardware on the wheels make a final touchup with a brush a needed thing...ready to cure.jpg
Sunlight reveals the red in the brown.jpg
Sunlight reveals the red in the brown.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Hey Painless, long time no talk ! Watching with much interest. I have the pre-painted JT from Torro and have being thinking about re-doing it. I do have one question for you, any plan on removing the fenders. either piecemeal or in their entirety ? The reason I asked is because I always like the look without the fenders, but the Torro body is such that you have to seamlessly replace the side armour strip that the mounting points are on.

MichaelC.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Michael!
You will laugh but there have been a couple of conversations between me and folks like Sassgrunt about removing or replacing fender skirts on vehicles like the Tiger and Jagdtiger. I like the full fendered look of a fresh Tank. What I do is scribe them apart into separate panels and reinforce as needed for runners. That should look good on a full fendered guy like the Jagdtiger. Let me know if you like it once I move to working on the Upper.
Regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Afternoon to all.
We have had high winds and rain for a couple of days here so I have put off painting to see if it would clear up. It is still raining today so I have turned the heat up a little and will paint carefully and leave the road wheels and idlers to dry until tomorrow.
Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
Time to go back to the Lower.jpg
Time to go back to the Lower.jpg
Taping off worked well...Steel rims anyone.jpg
Taping off worked well...Steel rims anyone.jpg
Panzergrau just like all those Black and White photographs.jpg
Panzergrau just like all those Black and White photographs.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Hey painless going to follow this one for sure. Want to get a jagdtiger at some point, they're huge, seen the one at Bovington. Reading through though I just want to say how sorry I am about you losing Jack, my dog is my best friend for sure and gets involved in everything, even dog approving anything I build! Sorry to bring it up and I look forwards to seeing this take shape.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Gillaspy,
Thanks for looking in. No worries, Jack is our Boy, always. We're working to get some company for Waylon who gets lonely even when both his dads are here. Yes, this Jagdtiger is great therapy. Lots of work to do even if the only electrical gimcrackery left is hooking up the rear convoy light.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Builds”