Black Prince Scratch Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
enginepeter
Private

Re: Black Prince Scratch Build

Post by enginepeter »

And so, I have reached the end of the road, that has taken many hours over 18 months.

As a matter of interest I spent nearly £200 on dummy bolts and miniature screws although I do have a small number left and don't know how many I lost in the rug and under cupboards. Not the Hoover as I swept the floor and examined the dustpan under a magnifying glass to retrieve valuable items!

What next? This tank could do with a more powerful gearbox, I have the castings for a model petrol farm engine on the shelf (where they have been for 10 years) or a 17pdr anti-tank gun and tractor. The latter is favourite. The armortek one looks good but too big for me. At 1/10th scale or even 1/16th I still might be able to get most features working. Time for a bit of thought and reasearch!

Some pictures of the finished article.
Attachments
fin_5_resize.JPG
fin_4_resize.JPG
fin_3_resize.JPG
fin_2_resize.JPG
fin_1 resize.JPG
yan33
Private

Post by yan33 »

fantastic model
i love it so much
good job :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

A 'Tour De Force' of engineering and patience Sir.
Im sure that there are some in here that are just beside themselves to get their hands on it :haha:
Magnificent :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It'a truly unique, Peter, and a real inspiration (especially after all that worthy perspiration!!). :thumbup:
There are so many bits of genius in this model; but added together you have created a model that would grace any Museum's collection
- and my house too, of course (hint, hint.. :haha: ) ;D It deserves so many superlatives. :clap: :clap:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Absolutely stunning, in so many ways!

Amazing job! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
enginepeter
Private

Post by enginepeter »

Thank you all for your comments.

Yes Herman Bix a lot of patience, not without some trouble and strife from SWMBO.

I have already partially stripped it again! Looking to smooth the gun elevation with metal gears and I will play with the drive motor/gears.

I will keep you posted.

Roy - you have forgotten one thing - it is heavy and could result in your display cabinet collapsing!

Have now also been presented with a list of decorating and repair projects the have been neglected.

Peter
medic18
Recruit

Post by medic18 »

that is fantastic
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I have to agree with Eric. Everything is looking first rate. The tools and track weathering are excellent.
roy.kendall123
Recruit

Post by roy.kendall123 »

A really nice piece of craftsmanship, It's good to see another modeller working with Aluminium, I can. Appreciate all the problems you had with your construction. I have just
Finished my build of a 16th scale aluminium churchill bridgelayer with all the same problems Tracks wheel suspension very similar, I ended up using KV 1 tracks and a lot of machining, I was going to make my own links but after making steel links for a universal carrier I said never again!
Once again very nice piece of work. and nice to find a modeler on the same wavelength. ROY

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
enginepeter
Private

Post by enginepeter »

medic18 and Jimster, thank you for your comments.

Roy - yes you will know the problems and after starting I had my doubts in view of the problems with alloy and wondered about steel, but then I wouldn't have been able to lift it!

Peter

Return to “Other Builds”