1/16 WCP Wirblewind

Custom designs 3D Printed
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

1/16 WCP Wirblewind

Post by Will01Capri »

Another thing to play with, together with Tiger6 we have put together a Wirblewind turret

After getting some parts from Forgebear, we can also confirm it should work well with Henglong upper hull and the turret ring also fits.

Next job is to build up the Flakvierling 38 inside

The lower panel screws on and has threaded metal inserts to help ensure the threads don't strip as they would most likely do in plastic.

A servo sits under the turret to operate the elevation of the guns, soon i hope to be able to test it, but i need to source a Panzer IV upper & lower hull to try it all out.
If someone has a spare upper and lower hull let me know.

The turret includes internal details with ammo racks and seat posts etc. So once all cleaned up and painted, it will look great

Maybe i will look into a Ostwind as a next project.................
Last edited by Will01Capri on Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: WCP 1/16 Wirblewind

Post by HERMAN BIX »

In the interests of making such a gem available to us "electro-retards", can you get an elevation system that will work if fitted to a standard H/L electronic set(you pick the version) ?
That would open the market to us that have PzIV's & want a change without extra outlay or complexity to do a conversion.............. :think: :think:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

We could probably stuff a HL elevation unit and a gear under the mount similar to how I did your H39 turrets - the trouble is that we'd have to lose a lot of the gun mount.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Good to have options.
But for a person that has an H/L PzIV already & wants to have a conversion choice that will take as much of the donor tank as possible, including electronics, it would be a winner.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I know a bloke that would like one of these, problem is I have bought him a pak36 now
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:I know a bloke that would like one of these, problem is I have bought him a pak36 now
hahahahahahaha

There is always Birthdays or next year Christmas :) :haha: :haha:
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Good to have options.
But for a person that has an H/L PzIV already & wants to have a conversion choice that will take as much of the donor tank as possible, including electronics, it would be a winner.
Maybe could be done, but like Martin already mentioned, alot of the gun may have to disappear to make it work, which would detract from the model.
I don't think we would get same elevation control from that setup either. Never say never, but certainly the immediate action is to get this fully operational with servo for elevation and it will use stock turret motor setup for rotation.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Too much stuff I need to buy for myself not to mention any other enthusiast I may know
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Video test with servo
Ok so it will need a control unit that has a servo output, but i am well pleased with this.
Just need to finish the details now to bring it to life
phpBB [video]
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Because there are so many different Versions and variants of the Panzer4 I long ago promised myself that I would build only the Ausf "A" through too the Ausf "J" and some of those are so close to the previous or following version or the modifications are primarily internal that I elect to ignore them such as the Ausf "C",
The Beobachtungswagen1V is just a perisope on the turret roof beside an extra aerial so no command Tank, :lolno:
I may build a Tauchpanzer (Submersible) because whilst they were built specifically for Operation Sea Lion they did see service in the Later Russian Campaign,
BUT definately no "Brumbar's" or "Hummel's"and the derivatives of the Hummel such as the "Nashorn" and I had been avoiding the "Wirbelwind" because then I would be obliged to build an "Ostwind" and then come the "Schlepper" and the Bridgelayer and shortly after comes the funny farm :crazy:
So while I am tempted I shall avoid Will's Wirbelwind and get on with what looks like another 10 years worth of builds :wtf:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “WCP Models”