RC 1/16 Panzerkampfwagen Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf B - Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: RC 1/16 Panzerkampfwagen Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf B - Build

Post by jhamm »

Louis,
excellent build! :thumbup:
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Just started my conversion. What a treasure trove of info this is! Could be asking questions as I go along.
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Ah ha! A lurker, I bet, from Southern California, where I once lived. Please check out viewforum.php?f=42 and introduce yourself. Doing so gives us all an idea of what tanks you have (or wish you had :) ) and how much (or how little) experience you have with modeling, electronics, etc. (I, for example, am an ignoramus. :problem: ) That way, when you do hit the questions, folks here can answer with a better understanding of what you know. Then, too, these "Introduce Yourself" threads often start lots of fun and welcoming. See ya there!
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Tamiya makes a transparent yellow acrylic bottle paint. Maybe you could try them on the white LEDs
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

SoCalBobS wrote:Tamiya makes a transparent yellow acrylic bottle paint. Maybe you could try them on the white LEDs
You first 8)
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Just did.

Actually, it looked a little greenish, maybe diffraction from some remaining green paint on the lens. I'll clean them off, then try again.
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Here's a shot of one painted, one white. I believe any "greenishness" is due to the blue component of the original cool white LED.
IMG_1402.jpg
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Louis, if I may ask, how are the plastic sprocket and idler wheels faring with the metal tracks? Thanks.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

wow. amazing build! you make it look so easy :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

SoCalBobS wrote:Louis, if I may ask, how are the plastic sprocket and idler wheels faring with the metal tracks? Thanks.
The model is very small and light, tracks heavy. Such conversion is for fun and experimentation. It’s a table top RC vehicle. I never got to run it up to a failure to see what would fail first under stress tests. The videos show what I saw. If you plan for extended use, I would recommend replacing the 130 size motors by 180 to help reduce the overheat and probably avoid engine burn at one point.

Return to “Other Builds”