RC 1/16 Panzerkampfwagen Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf B - Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Re: RC 1/16 Panzerkampfwagen Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf B - Build

Post by SoCalBobS »

As you say, it'll be a tabletop model, or at most a short demo drive before a club battle.
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
eder1969
Recruit

Post by eder1969 »

Very good job... :thumbup:
I'm waiting for my tank to arrive and I'll start converting to RC too...
Hugs.... :P
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Since my last post, I've added two PzKpfw 1's to my stable. The first one used Heng Long's 1:30 Sherman transmission, the second the Arduino. Arduino's installation was very easy, but the gear reduction was less than HL's. Metal tracks added weight. This caused stalling on turns except on smooth floors. So Louis, yeah, it's a show piece, not a hard runner. So much fun, though.
IMG_E1558r.JPG
IMG_E1559r.JPG
IMG_E1561r.JPG
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Th next one i will do with Arduino or Tamiya gearbox will use 180 motors. The 180 have the same diameter size and shape as the 130, only longer, and should be easy to adapt to the gearbox. Got a bunch of them ready, different RPM to experiment, cheap.

Nice Pz1 by the way.
180 motors
180 motors
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

lmcq11 wrote:Th next one i will do with Arduino or Tamiya gearbox will use 180 motors. The 180 have the same diameter size and shape as the 130, only longer, and should be easy to adapt to the gearbox. Got a bunch of them ready, different RPM to experiment, cheap.

Nice Pz1 by the way.
Capture10.JPG
Let me know how it goes!
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Your Panzer looks great! What color did you use?
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Kaczor wrote:Your Panzer looks great! What color did you use?
Hey thanks! I used Tamiya's spray "Dark Yellow". Some AK streaking grime to highlight details, and some Vallejo German Black Brown to do chipping with a sponge. AK German Interior Ivory for the hatches and insides. I was slightly lazy. I was going to overspray with a lighter greyish yellow pigment to depict fading in the sun, but it might have toned down the underlying detail too much. I might do some light rust streaks later, but I'm think there's less rusting in the desert than say, a rainy, temperate climate! I live in the southwwest USA, and I take my cues from the dry climate I see here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"I was slightly lazy." Yeesh! If I were energetic, I probably couldn't get results that good! Way to go!
Edumardo
Private

Post by Edumardo »

Hi,

This is a goldmine for my newly arrived panzer I :clap: . I have read the entire thread but I don't know how to prevent the suspension unit from coming out.

In the static model, the A18 piece would do that function:
a18.png
a18.png (326.74 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Best regards.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Edumardo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:52 pm Hi,

This is a goldmine for my newly arrived panzer I :clap: . I have read the entire thread but I don't know how to prevent the suspension unit from coming out.

In the static model, the A18 piece would do that function:
a18.png
Best regards.
Hi,
The metal shafts are solidly attached to the hull, suspension units are inserted and the girder beams are glued to the tip of the metal shafts.

Return to “Other Builds”