I'm not a Sherman guy but... Jussek's M4A3(76) 'Soul Reaper'

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: I'm not a Sherman guy but... Jussek's M4A3(76) 'Soul Rea

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

8O I can be answered, un 'can quickly, because I see that the hatches Mato (metal) are smaller? what's going to be problematic to fill around? not possible to reuse the original ones?
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi mate

thanks for your inputs, It is a similar approach to the one I had in mind. The main problem is the molded hinge, it was damaged, but maybe i'm able to make it work.

unfortunately I did not drill the shaft for the dowel from outside the upper hull before cutting the hatch, and now the holes do not line up too well

At the moment I am testing with a 0.3mm wire, very malleable, and a magnet to keep the hatch closed, it does not open completely, but I think it will be enough to access the main switch

if it doesn't work out well, there is always plan B, Mato hatch and putty!

under the hatch I have placed a plasticard reinforcement taken from an old credit card, here you can see it before being trimmed with the dremel tool

the hatch in place, as you can see, a part of the hinge is missing, I will have to use milliput to repair that hole

while the glue dries, I have been making the antisplash covers for the gears

best regards!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

indeed, less simple, not sure whether the milliput is strong enough? can you try to redo the missing part with 2/3 mm thick ABS, taken up from below and glued to express stability?
17629C59-6919-4349-87D0-4910627802C6.jpeg
AF17C402-D816-4816-AE36-01E4A2C309EF.jpeg
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hello sirs

indeed Jofaur, the milliput was not strong, I removed all the putty that I had put, and replaced it with another type, pattex, once set it remains like a rock

I left this space that can be seen in the photo on purpose, to be able to insert the hinge tab, which I have made with a 0.5mm thick aluminum strip

the 'hinge' with its flange

Once installed in its place and with the Pattex putty I have filled in the empty spaces, making sure that the hatch can be opened without problem

there is still some corner where to put pattex to finish filling all the empty space, once primed and painted I hope this rustic system is not too noticeable!

now for the tower.

The only thing I wanted to do was to reposition the MG led in its correct place, but simulating the barrel of the browning, without seeing the bulb of the led so horrendous that it comes as standard, and remove the led from the IR system, since it does not I want it for nothing ...

what a mess!!

for the MG I have used two concentric tubes, a piece of fiber optic cable, and hot melt glue to fix the whole ... and it works!

Up to here everything has gone more or less well. A few days ago I installed the elmod and tested it, although only with the lower hull, and I connected it to the elmod app to make some configurations, making sure that in the weapons. the recoil type was Standard

Well, yesterday I started doing tests with the tower, I have 'tried' to follow the instructions in the elmod manual, but there is something that escapes me, and I can't get the recoil or flash to work

I just opened a specific thread in the electronics subforum

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=32714

best regards!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Bravo, Jussek, for hanging in there and finding a solution to the problem of fitting the hatches. I admire your perseverance and the results show success. :clap:
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

heya guys

after solving the problems with the recoil, I started to prepare the tank for painting.

unfortunatelly, I was unable to remove the replacement track link mounts and the tools... :{ too much hyperglue!
so I had to paint over it, this will bring me more work to paint the tools and track links without damaging the vehicle's paint :crazy:

This is how the interior is distributed in the waterproof bathtub

to apply cast texture to the parts that need it, i was going to use white superfine milliput, but found it to be useless, and a new unopened package, hard as a rock...too many years in a box i guess... and since I'm impatient, instead of waiting for a new milliput to arrive, I decided to do some texture with cyanoacrylate and revell glues, call me foolish if you want :haha:

I applied it to the glacis, the tower and the armor plating above the hatches

I applied Vallejo Gray primer...

for the OD base color I did a mix with tamiya XF62+XF60, 3:1

the ligths with the same colors but in 2:1 proportion, and the shadows with XF62+XF60+XF1 6:2:1

Now I am in the filter phase, I have applied a layer of satin varnish and I have already applied two oil filters, next step apply markings with Rad's stencils, then washes, weathering, pin washes, paint the optics and tools and the replacement track links... I hope to have it finished in a week, on Sunday the 12th we have a 'calçotada' meeting at the Panzodrom!

As I imagine that no one, or almost no one, knows what a calçotada is, I leave you some photos... it is the fact of meeting outdoors and cooking in a fire a kind of spring onion, the calçot. It is a typical tradition of Catalonia, especially in the area where I live, and where the Panzodrom is.

nobles and commoners lose their shame and pride alike, as the way of eating them is dipped in a special sauce wich can drip... somewhat unorthodox :haha: :haha:

for sure, i will post tons of pics after the meeting!

best regards
Jussek

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Spanish food ...............God I have to get to see your place first hand.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

"I'm not a Sherman guy" - you are now! After my experience, I know that one Sherman is not enough ;)
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Spanish food ...............God I have to get to see your place first hand.
if you want calçots then be in a hurry, these things only can be eaten in winter! :haha:
Kaczor wrote:"I'm not a Sherman guy" - you are now! After my experience, I know that one Sherman is not enough ;)
LOL! It has always seemed like a horrible vehicle to me, this version or the E8 are more acceptable to my taste

now the only thing missing is for 'someone' other than tamiya (I don't even take hooben into account) to come up with the version with HVSS suspension, DKLM is supposedly working on a 3d printable kit...
Jussek

Return to “Other Builds”