Armoured Models 1/16 SU-152 Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Armoured Models 1/16 SU-152 Build

Post by tankme »

I got the new traverse and recoil mechanism sorted on my SU-152 build so I decided to put up a little vid of it. Once I get it re-installed I will get a vid of the tank actually running. I also demonstrated the Heng Long CNC gearboxes since I don't know a lot of folks that have tried them out. Sorry no build pics as yet because the ones I have are really large unless you see them at RCU. I know there are other ways to post them, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Enjoy...

https://youtu.be/iXnWxr2ZcXc
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
maxmekker

Re: Armoured Models 1/16 SU-152 Build

Post by maxmekker »

Great work and great video
Drammen Rock City
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Nice work , please get the build up for us to see . Great little video , next one gun installed?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Now that’s classy ,
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme

Post by tankme »

ronnie42 wrote:Nice work , please get the build up for us to see . Great little video , next one gun installed?
Yup, got it all put back in last night and it seems the traverse servo is acting up so I started working on the mount for the apple. It runs fine to one direction, but really slow to the other. It's kinda weird.
Derek
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Any updates always good to see builds with servos :D
tankme

Post by tankme »

Yeah, I was actually throwing paint on it this evening. I can give an update soon. It's in two pieces right now all masked off.
Derek
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Do you have any updates yet Mr Tankme ?
Mines done, all I need to do is create wear the track contact pads by use & thats it.
Be great to see what you've been up to ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme

Post by tankme »

Had to take a quick break from the SU-152 as I really like the building part better than the painting/weathering part. But I did finish up the electronics and got the wiring fairly clean. This would be the first time I've painted a camo on a tank since I was a kid. I've never had a dual stage airbrush either so I'm still getting used to it. I have a single stage with a larger needle to do priming work and base coats. I will be installing a better speaker eventually.

Using magnets to hold the top hull down in the back rather than the old style Taigen screw in from the bottom setup.

Mounted the on/off switch, volume, and apple mount under the rear hatch.

Apple shown mounted.

And the camo pics before chipping and weathering. I did throw some Mig track wash on the tracks, but I will more than likely let them weather themselves running on the battlefield.

The business end. Need to do a final mounting solution for the emitter as it's just roughed in at the moment.

Derek
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Awesome work! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Other Builds”