1/10 RC Jeep Willys MB - Long Range Desert Group-SAS- Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: 1/10 RC Jeep Willys MB - Long Range Desert Group - Build

Post by jarndice »

silversurfer1947 wrote:The LRDG mainly concentrated on deep penetration for reconnaissance and information collection purposes, though occasionally were involved in combat. My impression is that they were partners rather than rivals. I first came across David Stirling in the form of a second hand paperback probably well over 50 years ago. I still have it. The Phantom Major by Virginia Cowles.
I spent some time in an RAF Hospital in the 60s and they had an extensive library which would get wheeled around the wards along with tea/coffee and slices of Fruit cake by the more ambulatory of us and I was intrigued by the various books about the "Private Armies" which had been raised in the desert war,
The LRDG was most certainly official and eventually so was the SAS but "Popski's Private Army"! a short book but interesting,
It was almost worth the discomfort to explore the contents of that library plus the various soft cover military books and magazines most of which were/are not available outside of the service.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Other Builds”