T-34 from Stalingrad tractor plant

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Exzitus
Recruit

Re: T-34 from Stalingrad tractor plant

Post by Exzitus »

sassgrunt wrote: I found a 1/35 STZ build that said that the all-steel wheels were more narrow than the rubber-tired ones, and by golly, you can see it in photos of the real thing. Both the Shapeways and Trumpeter wheels are the same width as the rubber ones, (about 0.850"), so I went through some effort to narrow the Trumpeter ones (to about 0.0650"). They look better to my eyes, but it was a LOT of work and I'm not sure it was really worth it.
I also had difficulty trying to make the shovel-nosed straight mantlet, and ended up buying a resin STZ turret from eBay. I have mixed emotions about it; it looks good and is hollow inside, but the upper hatch does not open; which seems like a drawback in this scale.
Solid steel wheels are really narrower than rubberized ones.

The hatch on my tower doesn't open, although it can be done in theory. But personally, I didn't want to do it. :)
Attachments
IMG-20190406-WA0002             2.jpg
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A very interesting, and certainly non-mainstream, T34 :thumbup: I've not seen a T-34 interior quite like yours before, and whilst I've seen some neat- and even ingenious- internal component and wiring arrangements, yours compares favourably with the best. More pics, and details, please. :) :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes indeed please give more details on that triple motor transmission setup its quite intriguing :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

This is very good looking. Is the 3rd motor for turning and the other two for propelling the tank?
Exzitus
Recruit

Post by Exzitus »

Soeren wrote:This is very good looking. Is the 3rd motor for turning and the other two for propelling the tank?
Conversely.
2 engines use the standard logic for controlling the tank model. A standard Clark TK-20 controller was used.
The third engine (located in the middle), the most powerful, gave its thrust to both tracks simultaneously. The third motor was fed through a separate controller.

Return to “Other Builds”