Torro/Taigen kit Tiger

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Re: Torro/Taigen kit Tiger

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi Silversurfer Yes Tried to delete but an error flagged up no content . Don't know why we cant delete posts?
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Some stuff from Forgebear, might try and find better late wheels and idlers as these ones have no bearings. Can use them on the HOBBY BOSS tiger if i find some. Thats this build stalled again, gives me time to sort out the new gearbox.
Better make up some bullet connectors , makes it easy to transfer between tanks if i buy base plates and shafts.
Better make up some bullet connectors , makes it easy to transfer between tanks if i buy base plates and shafts.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Tiger 1 late wheels , a mate drilled out the wheels and idlers for IGUS sleeve bearings . Smoother now that its not metal on metal.
Industry standard plastic bearings
Industry standard plastic bearings
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Back onto this one. Late wheels fitted with bearings, late sprockets and idles, fixed the low front end , remade the track puller. I might need to rework the rear as its wrong for a command tank.Its remove extra aerial or just fit the aerial tube on where i can fit it.
Found some brass tube , made better crimps for the eyelets
Found some brass tube , made better crimps for the eyelets
Found this in Tiger 1 info ( model kits )
Found this in Tiger 1 info ( model kits )
Everything is on the wrong side ,
Everything is on the wrong side ,
Front wheel bars readjusted to lift the front up.
Front wheel bars readjusted to lift the front up.
Last edited by ronnie42 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Well lets start again , easier to rearrange the tools on the rear plate than remove aerial and fill the hole.
Going to leave the jack support with torch cuts almost flush, a tank in for refurb and command conversion.
Going to leave the jack support with torch cuts almost flush, a tank in for refurb and command conversion.
Jack support stubs
Jack support stubs
Limited damage to the tools.
Limited damage to the tools.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Fixed the rear plate tool positions, found another pic for aerial tube it gives a rough idea dimensions . Thats the lower hull sorted unless i find another fix
This one shows handle other way round but jack will not fit. Also shows the  weld brackets for the tube.
This one shows handle other way round but jack will not fit. Also shows the weld brackets for the tube.
Fix tube cover and touchup the ZIM
Fix tube cover and touchup the ZIM
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Track puller cable done, cant find a nice steel cable . Brass wire done with Brass black, not very good as i think the wire has a clear lacquer . Paint should help to sort it out after another ZIM touchup or chip some off as damage..
The adjustable clamp, superglue a nut on the u clamp and its done.
The adjustable clamp, superglue a nut on the u clamp and its done.
The fixed end
The fixed end
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

On a roll today, may as well horse on. Something i have not done before the little extras,jerry cans in a rack above the jack. Not much out in the way of photos of ww2 tanks and water/fuel cans german armour. Wish the Classy Hobby fuel drums and jerry cans were easy to find. .
Resin is nice but too much work cleaning up.
Resin is nice but too much work cleaning up.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

some pics
rack
rack
fitted
fitted
water or fuel jerry cans
water or fuel jerry cans
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Very slick work mate,
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”