SAMOKHODNAYA USTANOVKA-152/KV14 RENOVATORS DREAM!

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: SAMOKHODNAYA USTANOVKA-152/KV14 RENOVATORS DREAM!

Post by Estnische »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: All you need is for Mr Estnische to look in, he's also into slot cars, I wonder if he has the odd one or two going spare :think:
Hmmm - I’ll have a look. Scale might be off though.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

HERMAN BIX wrote:In the build up to the game I decided very last minute to make a version of that little toolbox thingy that sits on the right side guard just behind the casemate on these and the KV1's.
With kick-off approaching, and the seemingly basic object not appearing to pose much of a difficult mission, I promptly got it all wrong ! :problem:
Yeah even in styrene that little box was a real pain in the butt to build due to the round corners. It has like 10 parts for just the box and lid not including the outer details on the one I built for my SU-152. I had to clamp it for a bit to keep it's shape since I made the "D" shaped upper/lower pieces and wrapped a very thin piece around them for the curved front. I actually found the dimensions for the full sized version of it online.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman!,
Pretty sure I have some plastic track links for the KV series tank. I have some of the fused multi link pieces that glue onto the track guards as well. Let me know if you're interested. Should be able to mail in an envelope.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Estnische wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote: All you need is for Mr Estnische to look in, he's also into slot cars, I wonder if he has the odd one or two going spare :think:
Hmmm - I’ll have a look. Scale might be off though.

Appreciate the look mate, near enough is fine by me ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

tankme wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:In the build up to the game I decided very last minute to make a version of that little toolbox thingy that sits on the right side guard just behind the casemate on these and the KV1's.
With kick-off approaching, and the seemingly basic object not appearing to pose much of a difficult mission, I promptly got it all wrong ! :problem:
Yeah even in styrene that little box was a real pain in the butt to build due to the round corners. It has like 10 parts for just the box and lid not including the outer details on the one I built for my SU-152. I had to clamp it for a bit to keep it's shape since I made the "D" shaped upper/lower pieces and wrapped a very thin piece around them for the curved front. I actually found the dimensions for the full sized version of it online.
It was a very over rated detail feature !
I have hinges that would have worked, but I just dont need it to be a working nick-knack!
As long as it looks ok on, Im happy with it. ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Herman!,
Pretty sure I have some plastic track links for the KV series tank. I have some of the fused multi link pieces that glue onto the track guards as well. Let me know if you're interested. Should be able to mail in an envelope.
regards,
Painless
Thats a very helpful offer mate, you reckon they will look ok once on & weathered up ?
I will PM you for an arrangement !
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman!
Here is what I have available:
Pics ( Click to Enlarge )
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Plastic tracks, fused plastic track segment, metal track links and some left over KV series accessories.jpg
Plastic tracks, fused plastic track segment, metal track links and some left over KV series accessories.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

yes please Mr Wolf, I will take the lot if you dont mind.
Pm me for an arrangement when you can :thumbup:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The inside is finished & to celebrate, I primed it to blend the lot in and cover the mess of days gone by.
After several renditions of Mr Surfacer 500 stippled on with an old brush over the various areas that I thought needed it, the outside too was hit with the primer.
If for no other reason than the smell of the stuff is alluring ................ :shifty: :shifty: :shh:
It does also highlight any areas that need further work.
Thankfully, not too much does.
I have lost a little bit of definition on some welds & minor edges, but thats acceptable for a model that has been around for at least a decade & basically been a box filler.
The lower hull will need a bit of careful touching up, then pigment to get it all together, but the upper for now at least looks like a new build.
Which is a long way from its devastated beginning :eh:
I have had a go at Mr Hugills use of a grey/steel as a base coat for the 4BO green, but it didnt work for me. I might give it another go & use hairspray over the top of it.

Just in primer its a lot more like the picture in my head than it was up to now...........
Attachments
PB090007.JPG
PB090007.JPG (75.43 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
PB090006.JPG
PB090006.JPG (87.97 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
PB090005.JPG
PB090005.JPG (85.46 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
PB090004.JPG
PB090004.JPG (77.92 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
PB070003.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Hope to get the base coat on tomorrow.
But
The 4-run cable that connects the MFU to the sound module has failed(or its had a fault from new & only now given up) the thing ran fine & got turned off, was worked on externally , and when I went to start it up again , nothing...................

Fan runs but nothing else works.
I pulled the cable out & boogie'd up a replacement, got a reaction but it too failed.
But, I can carry on with the outside build to completion & sort the cable out after.
Got me a bit concerned though as they dont sell them cables down these parts :/
If it is indeed a cable.

Being a bit casual, I also went to the paint draw to find the 4BO set. Hmm, some idiot had used the 2 vital colours out of it & not replaced them :problem:
I will just wing it and try to blend my own.
I will give Mr Hugills base coat method another go, that is to use a Tamiya Gunship Grey over the primer, then hairspray, then the version of green & khaki brown camo like the machine I like from the Mius River area in 1943.

Hey, if the green isnt too good, the munting with the wet toothbrush will soon make it good ;)

http://www.tankarchives.ca/2014/01/sovi ... flage.html

Link above is a change from green, green & more green.
The Soviets really did care about such things
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”