SAMOKHODNAYA USTANOVKA-152/KV14 RENOVATORS DREAM!

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: SAMOKHODNAYA USTANOVKA-152/KV14 RENOVATORS DREAM!

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Makes a great winter whitewash eh :/ :crazy:
You’re right there Mr Soeren , as my Mum used to say “ they’ll only do it once”
Can freely admit that I’m really bloody sore & the fingers are in a bad way.
Still, my own dumb fault,
The worst thing is the chorus of “ I told you so”
That bit is well hard to cope with.
Going to be a while before I can do much, the typical clear ooze is pouring out of every mark on my hands.
A genuinely stupid thing to do

Lesson learned kiddies, don’t do as I do
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Just hit the jackpot with all things 152 research..................

Thank me later :shifty:

https://www.dishmodels.ru/gshow.htm?mod ... 88427&tp=g

I have had a lot of questions cleared up on this one site.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

That is a good site...I'll thank you now. :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As Ive been trying to finish the R39 Bunker, not a lot of progress here.
But thanks to a Forum Member in The Netherlands, I now have a metal barrel for this "Blunt-Force-Trauma" weapon !
I can say that now this significant & iconic piece of hardware has turned up............GAME ON :D

The modelers site I stumbled over that has all the necessary details & questions clarified on these relatively rare AFV's has greatly contributed to what I hope this project will turn into.
Now, to get on with it.................
Attachments
Resin version above
Resin version above
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

That is really an argument there. Like Henry the VIIIth foot tpurnament armour compared to those of his contemporaries.

I am not sure though if you already plan to bust that freshly build bunker with this thing after its finished ?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I reckon that one shot from this thing would evaporate the poor R39 Stellung from the face of the earth!!
For the version I gave in mind I need 15 bullet cartridges of .38 Long Revolver to go close to the scale cases for the 152 shells used in this mighty hammer of proletariat steel !!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Been out west for a week, back for 2 days then off out again for who knows how long.
I took a dislike to the vents on the engine deck.
Out with the power tool & away with the H/L plastic.
Dressed the opening with a small file then made brass louvers soldered to rod pivots.
These are super glued onto the underside of the deck using telescoping brass tube(thats 'toob' to you left hand drivers!) on each end to allow them to be moved.
very similar to the T34's Ive done.
Once they are set I will make the mesh covers.
looking at the shape & size of these, i took a punt that PzIII engine intake mesh might fit, and they were here when I got home from Oz Armour.
I might even jag using the PzIII mesh frame to attach the mesh to, with an added section filling in the rear.
At one point I did toy with the idea of modifying the large hatch to open, but the poor thing is already struggling for rigidity so decided to leave it as is, but with the relevant detailing to represent it better.
Also in the package are new tensioners(adjustable from Taigen) and metal hatches,(also Taigen) that I hear tend to rattle when in motion.
I will secure them with magnets some how.
Attachments
P5090013.JPG
P5090012.JPG
P5030011.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Nice work Herman! They look good.

Where have you been working? I am away from home on the NSW south coast looking after properties containing asbestos destroyed in the bushfires. My work ute packing includes a box of tank parts and tools...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Estnische wrote:Nice work Herman! They look good.

Where have you been working? I am away from home on the NSW south coast looking after properties containing asbestos destroyed in the bushfires. My work ute packing includes a box of tank parts and tools...
Out of Roma, and running to Chinchilla setting up a new division of rig support assets.
60 bits of expensive transport hardware !

The vents will be a smart enhancement once the whole lot is done I reckon.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Minor progress on a 2 day off rest.
Added rims around the engine deck hatches. Used this styrene superglued around the edges.
Apparently the rims were not flat on the deck side, but always look so due to being squashed from repeated brutal opening.
These will need small recesses drilling into them to look like the key holes.
Im working on the grille mesh now.
Attachments
P5170002.JPG
P5170001.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”