KV-1

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: KV-1

Post by Soeren »

That is a good question really. The detail quality is not a strong point of these kits. So at least there are some useful aftermarket options.
Last edited by Soeren on Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Just wait till you put together the saw and it's sleeve. There are like 40 parts to it. It comes out really nice though.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Yes I build the saw yesterday, but not the sleeve yet. The Tamiya kit part for this detail is rather disappointing. For this version of kv1 the saw should be in one of the storage boxes, according to 4bogreen. BTW the website is provided by the author who wrote the book you guys recommended.

The ABER add ons are quite nice and not too completed.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

BTW, tried both the Tamiya spray can and the other can. Both paints stick a bit better than acrylic's, but still not too well. Anyways, might try some basic weathering on them with enamel washes and dust, but won't take too much time there only the see the paint wear off. Other than that, the tracks are nicely detailed, light and feel really solid.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Morning Mr Soren, are you able to give any direction as to the KV hull & mudguards specifically, if they are removed completely, by rough handling or suchlike, what would remain of them, and what in the case of an SU assault gun would the Casemate be closed with underneath?
I can’t get any good info .
Thanks
The mounting of the fenders looks very different on the SU than on the KV. Unfortunately I cant really tell about what is underneath, as I dont know how accuarate the kits are. Based on some online pictures and the way it is mounted, it looks like the fenders are just supported by the brackets and bolted strips.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks for looking anyway mate.
I suspect it will be a guards-off build for me !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there. Started painting. The hull got some Montana black Spray paint in dark green. That stuff gives some texture. So only applied that to the hull. Overall shadows on hull, wheels and turret were painted with Vallejo Camo black green. Highlights were the adds with a tan colour.
I got the Life color Russian Camo set for the painting. ImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Got some paint on it. This is life color Russian camo set the paint called 4bo var is very light and should be pure highlight while the olive is more like the Base coat. Have to darken it a bit. Image
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

This was really light green, so put the Tensochrome medium out and used the darker shades to tone down the green, after that added some gihlights by brush and put the decals on. Tamiya decals amazingly thin but very brittle. Doesnt matter as I intend to paint them over with some whitish paints anyways. Sealed them in with clear paint already.

Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey ervyone, a bit more adventurous this time diving deeper into it. Now repainted the letters with white paint and added highlights to various features.

Return to “Other Builds”