Panzer II – fundament of the German Panzerwaffe

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Panzerjaeger66
Corporal

Panzer II – fundament of the German Panzerwaffe

Post by Panzerjaeger66 »

What makes more sense than to start a new project at the beginning of a new year? 8)

After the unexpected success of the Panzer I Ausf. B and Command Tank I respectively, logically the Panzer II (Ausf. C) have to follow, so I decided to fill the gap that all German Panzers from I to VI will be available as RC 1/16.

Beginning the report as usual, here are some pictures of the design phase.

That‘s the model kit of Panzer II Ausf. C:

This is only a taste for the upcoming build report.

Cheers,
Freddy
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Re: Panzer II – fundament of the German Panzerwaffe

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

WOW. That is some incredible design work. This is going to be a fantastic build.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Very nice :)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I will see that 'WoW!", and raise it two: "WoW! WoW! :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

That looks great Freddy :clap: I have a panzer i kit waiting for me to do, looks like I'll have to save for a panzer ii now also :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Very nice & following. One of my all time favorites. :thumbup:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Count me out of the frustration of building a tank that had different alterations in its suspension fit through every model in the production run starting with the Ausf A/1/2/3 to the Ausf J :thumbdown:
But I have nothing but admiration for your dedication :thumbup:
The invasion of Czechoslovakia was more to do with gaining access to the Tatra engineering complex and the new 35T and the 38T tanks than any of Herr Goebels mumbo jumbo lebensraum.
The initiation of "Blitzkrieg through the Low Countries and France would never have been successful using only the PZ1/PZ11 and the PZ111.
The 38T was the backbone and in my opinion has been grossly underrated the 35T not so much.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Freddy will you be using a resin printer for the release product? They road wheels look a little rough?
Panzerjaeger66
Corporal

Post by Panzerjaeger66 »

jarndice wrote:Count me out of the frustration of building a tank that had different alterations in its suspension fit through every model in the production run starting with the Ausf A/1/2/3 to the Ausf J :thumbdown:
But I have nothing but admiration for your dedication :thumbup:
The invasion of Czechoslovakia was more to do with gaining access to the Tatra engineering complex and the new 35T and the 38T tanks than any of Herr Goebels mumbo jumbo lebensraum.
The initiation of "Blitzkrieg through the Low Countries and France would never have been successful using only the PZ1/PZ11 and the PZ111.
The 38T was the backbone and in my opinion has been grossly underrated the 35T not so much.
I completely agree; the 38(t) was one of the best tanks the Germans had while the French Campaign took place. The 7th (and 8th) Panzerdivision used mostly the 38t, became famous and was called "Ghost division" because of their speed through France.
But because there is a Panda 38t available that can be reworked to RC, my goal was to create a tank that is not available by now.
Panzerjaeger66
Corporal

Post by Panzerjaeger66 »

Ad Lav wrote:Freddy will you be using a resin printer for the release product? They road wheels look a little rough?
I have most printed parts in resin too for the prototype. It's not decided yet, what will be the release product because resin looks good but is not wear resistant. Maybe another print adjustment/solution will be necessary.

Return to “Other Builds”