Taigen panzer iv kit.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Taigen panzer iv kit.

Post by forgebear »

Von Mooflesaaa wrote:Just a shout out to Dave at forebear tanks. I got my G.I smoker today. Great service and as always awesome pricing.

your welcome thanks dave :wave:
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Woot Woot, Gearboxes should be here friday, expect some updates here soon.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Might I be allowed to offer a "Tip"?
After the gearboxes have been installed a measured rectangle of 2mm Plasticard could usefully be slid in place between the gearboxes and the mfu as a bulkhead,
Keeping oil spray off the electronics is no bad idea. :lolno:
Best not to glue it in place` better to make a tight fit or even better to cut 2 sections out of a PZ4 radio aerial stowage channel and glue them against the hull sides so that the "Bulkhead" can be slid into place.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Great idea. Cheers for the heads up. I'll construct something once the gear boxes come in. Now I'm waiting for the ATAK zimmerit kit to be back in stock at forgebear and i shall be all good.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
xhelfix
Lance Corporal

Post by xhelfix »

HI,

im not shure if you think on this once:
(hope that link is allowed):
https://heng-long-panzer.de/de/Taigen-h ... -tank.html

I have in all my HL P4 tanks this, ore better, this model but, the old version from Asiatam with the brass gears in.
They rum well.

Greetz, Andy
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yes, those gearboxes work pretty well in small tanks like a P3 or P4, but they're no good for something big like a king tiger or a js2.

As for splatter screens, I did a video on what I use because it's very very simple to do. I simply cut strips the same width as the gearbox from .005 thick styrene and attach them at each end with a product called zap goo. If you haven't tried this stuff you should. I use it for a lot of things, like attaching wiring inside the hull instead of using hot glue, it's great for attaching stowage to a tank, and it works really good on the splatter screens. The thing I like best about it is that it will hold the item in place as long as you want it to, but when you stop wanting it to all you have to do is apply about 15 seconds of good steady pressure and it will break the seal and you can scrape away the residue very easily with a hobby knife.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
xhelfix
Lance Corporal

Post by xhelfix »

...sorry for my post with the gearbox....i start reading this thret an thougt it ends up with the fisrt page....so i answerd of a question thats still out of time.....sorry,,, 8)
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Max would you be so kind to post that video in this thread, I would dearly like to see it.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Double post. Oops
Last edited by Max-U52 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

No problem, but I'll have to wait till I get home from work. I call them my down and dirty splatter screens cuz they're cheap, they're easy, and they're quick. And, they do the job quite nicely.

Return to “Other Builds”