Taigen panzer iv kit.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Taigen panzer iv kit.

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Go for the Madness. ( Went the same route with a StuG111 Ausf B and never regretted it )
regards,
Painless
Attachments
You get a fairly accurate representation of 'The StuG Life' circa  mid 1941.JPG
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Von Mooflesaaa wrote:I'm looking at adding extra track armour to this build. Specifically I want to add tracks to the front hull. Does anyone know where I can pick up some track links from and a retention bar. I picked up a set for my Tiger 1 build, it came with metal tracks and a metal retention bar but I cannot for the life of me remember where I picked it up from. Anyone have any suggestions. I am also toying with the idea of sanding off all the tools and the moulded in treadplate and then adding photo etch treadplate and all the tools. At this moment I am just toying with the idea as it would be a huge amount of work. Thoughts, Ideas, should I just say screw it, throw the wallet to the dog and just go for the utter madness?

Figure out exactly how many links you need. Of course, you could just buy the winter PIV and it would come with enough spare links for both tanks. @) @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have a run of PzIV track-metal, that I only have for spare hull sections.
Have a look at how many sections you need, I might have enough.
You could always do the one that was covered in T34 track !! I will try find the picture.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

This one ................
Attachments
2916d0cf2ed74e795b4996c21dc4c7ce.jpg
2916d0cf2ed74e795b4996c21dc4c7ce.jpg (32.42 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Thanks chaps I figure i need about 9 track links. I also caved a brought the arbor 1/16 treadplate. So looks like I shall be sanding off all the tools, and replacing them. Im also looking at buying a set of German clasps for all the tools. Might as well really at this point.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have 66 links..................closed pin, early PzIV type without the chevrons on the cleats.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

So apparently between beer number x and beer number y I purchased a new arber metal aerial, p.e clasps and the aforementioned treadplate. Woop woop.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I often have the Jack Daniels whoop woop but it’s normally A thru Z :shifty:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

That is a lot of T-34 track on the front of that tank.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yeah it’s a pretty well known picture.
I came close to doing one but decided to go with a Malta Invasion version.
Hindsight bring 20/20, i now wish I’d done it!

I will get those links away soon mate, need your full address
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”