Taigen panzer iv kit.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Taigen panzer iv kit.

Post by Max-U52 »

I learned the hard way that you really can't trust tracking from the post office. I ordered an item from Arizona and then I watched at the tracking website as it proceeded to Utah and then to Chicago and then to Michigan where it stopped and there was no movement for about 3 days. When I finally called the post office and the woman looked it up on her screen it turned out that the package was still in Arizona and had never left Arizona. All the info I was seeing at the tracking website was what they call system-generated information. In other words, what they were telling me was where the computer thought the item was supposed to be at that time, not where it actually was. Ever since then, I look at tracking as just a rough guideline.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Well it's now saying it's out for delivery. Guess I shall find out when I get home. Fingers crossed.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Gearboxes have landed woop woop.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Max this question is for you, or anyone else that has these gear boxes. How did you mount them to the hull. When I dry fit them, they interfere with the upper hull mounting guide for the quick release. It seems that they sit to high and stop the upper hull from clicking into place. Did you have to do any modifications to get them to fit. Likewise what screws did you use. the gear boxes look awesome and I cannot wait to try them out. just need to get past the mounting issues.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Can you post photos? Photos of the gearbox that you bought and photos of the place where it's interfering?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Gear boxes interfere with the metal guide shown at the front. The upper hull attachment point that slides under that guide is being blocked by the gear box. ImageImage

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

It does mention on the website the front two attachment points have to be sanded. What exactly needs to be sanded?

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Gearboxes have been mounted. Now figuring out how to attach the upper hull. I'm thinking pixies, fairy's and strong earth magnets. Image

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So what did you have to do to the gearboxes to get them to fit? I have two P4s still in the box that will eventually be getting these same gearboxes.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

I sanded the metal mounting lugs with the dremel. I'm now constructing a small box to hold the magnets. Will post pics soon.

To be more precise there are 4 pointed lugs on the metal hull. They have guide pins which sit into holes on the gear box bottom. I removed these metal points. Sanded them flat to make sure the gearboxes lined up perfectly with the pre drilled holes. Just added some screws and boom. Good to go. I test fitted the tracks and drive wheel and everything lines up. I'll do a motor test here soon.

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV

Return to “Other Builds”