Panther F

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Re: Panther F

Post by ronnie42 »

Getting near the end , periscopes from perspex.
3 mm light green perspex
3 mm light green perspex
Noticed a little fix required ,lifting loop needs some filler/weld.
Noticed a little fix required ,lifting loop needs some filler/weld.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Drivers covered scope, checking if i glued the moving visor when i added the perspex . The barrel has some paint or grit stopping the recoil action , another turret strip down
phpBB [video]
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Cool periscope movement! Please remind me which control board and receiver you’re using and how you made your periscope movable. I somehow missed those pieces of information.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Back in the '90s l used to have a 6 wheel Tyrrell P34 that had a Jackie Stewart figure who's head turned with the 4 front wheels. I did this by fitting a micro servo directly into his neck (!) and then mixed the steering channel to direct the servo.

I guess you've done something similar here, the auto mixing saving you having to control the periscope separately? You can of course still operate it manually on a tranny control. Unused to like to spook the other drivers by making Jackie stare at them on the start line!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi Jimster Its an Elmod fusion pro f board, just a spektrum 6ch receiver and the servo is in one socket set for the steering .
Easy fix, remove drivers visor, drill out the circle, fit tube for strength, cylinder to fit for gear in hull and refit visor on top.
Pic on page 7 , not played about with the sounds yet.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks! The Elmod Fusion Pro is so freakishly (not the word I really wanted to use) awesome! Playing with the sound customization ability and motor control parameters is a hobby unto itself. I’m happy you’re using an Elmod board.
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Ronnie this build thread is simply awesome!! So much hand made custom detail you've done. It's seeing builds like this that pushes me and give me inspiration to try new ways of doing things. Can what to see what you do next.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Last edited by LordPanzer on Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi LordPanzer Thanks for the praise , having a bog standard tank is a waste. Always try to have something extra or a little different , even if it goes wrong on a few occasions . Cast the tow eyelets and working on a firmer suspension using hacksaw blades on a spare hull.
Dark eyelets are cast ,light one is Trumpeter and SS wire from the boatyard.
Dark eyelets are cast ,light one is Trumpeter and SS wire from the boatyard.
Test for stronger suspension 3 cut junior hacksaw blades . Will try 4 sets front and back, need a slightly bigger brass sleeve on the fixed side.
Test for stronger suspension 3 cut junior hacksaw blades . Will try 4 sets front and back, need a slightly bigger brass sleeve on the fixed side.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Elevation servo was stuttering and the metal barrel needed a counterweight to make life easy for the servo. A new setup ,don't like the elevation +/- speed . Made a rough gearbox to slow it right down. 1st version only moves a few degrees with a standard servo, continuous one ordered for 3/4 seconds or more for the travel. Need to have a search for the time it takes for max elevation.
Will make another with 2 rows of gears while waiting for a continuous servo.
Will make another with 2 rows of gears while waiting for a continuous servo.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Tried my new continuous servo, a fail . Wonder if its the servo or the stick on the transmitter fluttering , no amount of playing with the pot on the servo would stop it in the neutral position on stick . Tried a few recalibrations on the TX, back to the original servo setup. Fitted a fuse to save any issues if i had a short between the battery and the board :O .
Redone elevation with a smaller geared servo.
Redone elevation with a smaller geared servo.
Safe now fuse fitted, don't want a LIPO going bang.
Safe now fuse fitted, don't want a LIPO going bang.

Return to “Other Builds”