1/16 RC VW kafer build.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

1/16 RC VW kafer build.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Morning all,

Couple of pictures of my last build for this year. It started out life as a 1/16 revell static kit. I modified the motor/gearbox unit and axles from heng long truck parts, it's got a micro servo for the steering and runs off a 30amp esc and 2s lipo. The space is very limited and I wanted to keep the interior as original as possible so I came up with the idea of making a roof rack which I could place a battery box up onto and disguise it as individual crates to house the battery, the esc and receiver are in the boot/trunk so the battery cable runs from there through the interior to the battery on the roof
:thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: 1/16 RC VW kafer build.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Excelent job!

But if you want to make it perfect You can still fit a dasmikro for giving lights and sound to the model. You can fit it everywhere! Id fit it under the rear seats, and the speaker too.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks Rad, I did originally try lights on it put as it's so small the wiring was getting a bit messy so I decided against it, its only going to be a little run around :D so I'm happy enough with it :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Superb job, I admire your skill. :thumbup:
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you wildboar44, appreciated sir :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Great work, particularly in managing to keep the interior intact. Makes a world of difference.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

Great work that, being able to shoehorn everything in and it still looking so good. :thumbup:
I never finish anyth
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Thanks Rad, I did originally try lights on it put as it's so small the wiring was getting a bit messy so I decided against it, its only going to be a little run around :D so I'm happy enough with it :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Oh I see... Anyway you are still my super hero. I got that kit too, and I considered to RC it but I panicked about how fragile it is, so it ended static. You have more guts than me, lol. Looks great as it is...

But fit at least lights, lol. Sorry I had to say it.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks silversurfer and square4 :D the confined space was a big challenge, it would have been a lot easier to just put everything inside the interior but it just wouldn't look right, I was stumped for a while for a way to hide the battery and was thinking of putting it in a trailer behind but I have already done this before and was looking for a new solution for this build and that's where the roof rack idea came from :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Rad, I'll put my superman disguise glasses on for you then B| .... :haha: the plastic is quite robust and forgiving, it is tricky to fit the body onto the chassis while everything is in place but it is doable and it can also be removed if work on the motor or servo needs to be undertaken. I have another of these kits still boxed so someday I may get around to doing a desert version :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

Return to “Other Builds”