Tiger 1 detailed build.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Tiger 1 detailed build.

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Well here it goes. My first attempt at a build. I shall be attempting to detail up Taigens Tiger 1 mid full metal edition. I have lots of goodies to add. So to start we have the upper hull. I like to keep my tank in running order, so I picked up a spare hull. I've added an assortment of aftermarket for eascoast armory. Some brass from arbour. And putty for weilds. Until next time. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Tiger 1 detailed build.

Post by Jimster »

Looks like you’re off to a great start. Keep the photos coming.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Lots of promise there. :thumbup: No doubt eagle-eyed Jarndice (Shaun) will approve the position of the Aerial (antenna to you Yanks... :D )... :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

And the early dispatch of the obsolete spare aerial holder :thumbup:
Most promising.
I couldn't help noticing the side fenders have been coated in Zimmerit,
If I may`a tip,
The side fenders are in 4 sections, To emphasise the separate sections I drag an Exacto saw down each seam thereby showing the 4 individual parts,
They were of course removed when the Tank was being transported by railway flatcar hence the 4 separate parts rather than a single fixed unit.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Thank you for the tip with the side skits, ill run a fine edged micro saw between them to give the impression of multiple parts. More photos to follow later on tonight, new box of goodies should be arriving here today. Will keep you posted.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Picked up a GI smoker from Dave at Forgebear tanks. Just installed it, its working on right now, might have to have a tinker with it to get it where I like.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Taking a break from the upper hull. Working on the rear panel. Added a bunch if aftermarket from east coast armory. Hollowed out exhausts with puffer caps. Also added a tool box as heck I like it.

Until next time. ImageImage

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Great work so far. Don’t forget the towing hitch(as I did) so it’s also as correct as the rest of the build.
Those exhaust units are very nice, did they come with the flappers or did you make those ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Thank you for reminding me about the tow hitch. The flappers are another aftermarket piece from east coast armory. They really add to the detail of the exhaust stacks.

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Von Mooflesaaa wrote:Thank you for reminding me about the tow hitch. The flappers are another aftermarket piece from east coast armory. They really add to the detail of the exhaust stacks.

East Coast Armory is making 1/16" parts? I see only 1/6" parts on John's site. :eh:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Other Builds”