Tiger 1 detailed build.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Re: Tiger 1 detailed build.

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Thank your for the heads up about the panzer books, just put them both on order, shall use them on my up coming build. Cheers mate.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Awesome. Thanks. What size does most people use in general. These are to secure the exhaust shields to the rear panel.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi,
I buy all my Nuts, Bolts, And Washers as well as the vital Nutspinners that do the job of a socket set from-
http://www.prime-miniatures.co.uk
The majority of the Nuts and Bolts that I buy is split pretty evenly between M1.2 and M1.6,
The Exhaust Shrouds on my Tiger 1s are held on by M1.6 Nuts Bolts and Washers.
A Tip,
When installing any "furniture" on the back panel of a 1/16 Tiger 1 remove it from the hull first and fit everything that has to go on the panel on the bench because you will have the devils own job trying to fit and tighten the Nuts holding the Towing Hook on the base of the panel and the lower nuts of the exhaust shrouds with the panel still attached to the Hull.
I use "Loctite 243" Threadlock on all my fixings, It holds everything in place but if you have to undo anything at a later date it comes free easily.
WARNING be very careful removing and replacing the screws holding the back panel in place,
The plastic lugs on the Panel are quite delicate and if you break one off you will need a new rear panel,
Don't ask :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Cheers for the heads up on the rear panel, will take my care when removing and attaching. Thanks for the links to the bolts. Shall be picking up some for my Tiger tonight. :thumbup:
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Got my bolts in the post, going to try and attach the re exhaust shrouds later on over the next few days, stay tuned for more updates. Soon it will be time to throw a coat of primer on the beast.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Well here we go. I ended up using M2.0x6 or at least that what it says on the packet. I didn't get any nuts which I am now regretting. So I figure either I'm going to order some or just be lazy and glue it in place. Either way time to work onto the second one. ImageImage

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

I'm calling them done at this point. Pretty dang happy with how they turned out. Beats the original by a mile so I'm happy. Next step is the rear convoy light and then onto the turret. Once the rear convoy light is done that will finish off the rear and I'll start the mounting process to the hull before I spray everything with a coat of primer. Image

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Looking good. Nice work on the shrouds.
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Very nice work on the shrouds, I envy you Sir :wave:
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".

Return to “Other Builds”