Churchill bridgelayer

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
roy.kendall123
Recruit

Churchill bridgelayer

Post by roy.kendall123 »

Hi have made a start on my bridgelayer and have a couple pics for anyone who is interested in this type of build,All my builds start the same way with the base fabricated from Aluminium sheet.The count is now 8 tanks!ImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Churchill bridgelayer

Post by midlife306 »

I’ll be watching this like a hawk, thanks for sharing
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Well Roy, I- for one, will be keen to see what your tinsnips manage to carve out this time. :thumbup: Your MK IV looked as if it had been conjured up in metal by a magician. :D , and I will expect nothing less than another beautifully engineered model. :)
My ex-Wife's Grandfather trained as a motor engineer (as opposed to a modern, less skilled mechanic). He used these skills to build three beautiful ride-on steam locomotives, that many would kill to get their hands (and, of course, a*ses :D ) on. That was back in the 1950s. What fate befell them, I'm not sure. One thing is for sure, you'll be leaving a great legacy with models like the Mk IV. :thumbup: That's...er...a long time in the future, of course.
Roy. (another one)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
roy.kendall123
Recruit

Post by roy.kendall123 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Well Roy, I- for one, will be keen to see what your tinsnips manage to carve out this time. Image Your MK IV looked as if it had been conjured up in metal by a magician. :D , and I will expect nothing less than another beautifully engineered model. :)
My ex-Wife's Grandfather trained as a motor engineer (as opposed to a modern, less skilled mechanic). He used these skills to build three beautiful ride-on steam locomotives, that many would kill to get their hands (and, of course, a*ses :D ) on. That was back in the 1950s. What fate befell them, I'm not sure. One thing is for sure, you'll be leaving a great legacy with models like the Mk IV. Image That's...er...a long time in the future, of course.
Roy. (another one)
Thank you for comments,I have never made a ride on Steam engine, but before tanks I have made 1 inch scale Steam traction engine and Steam lorry and have lost count of other Steam devices I have made.My wife is a very understanding lady.Roy

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Looks like another gem in the making. You've chosen a gem to build too. I'll never posses those skills :(
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
flamme
Private

Post by flamme »

Hi.
Hope photos can help you for the system?
roy.kendall123
Recruit

Post by roy.kendall123 »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Looks like another gem in the making. You've chosen a gem to build too. I'll never posses those skills :(
I hope it turns out ok it is really hard to get good information on the Churchill, plenty of good pictures no actual measurements,I got WW1 drawings for the MKIV even got good measurements for when I built the Abrams, but this one is hard going.regards Roy

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
roy.kendall123
Recruit

Post by roy.kendall123 »

flamme wrote:Hi.
Hope photos can help you for the system?
Hi Flamme
I have not received any photos, perhaps I am looking in the wrong place , I seem to be having trouble working my way round the forum.Roy

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

The AFV Churchill AVRE kit looks really good, and also has working suspension. In lieu of plans it may be a useful reference?
flamme
Private

Post by flamme »

Hi rob.
Strange that you not received.
Send me a nex time your mail and i will send you the measurements

Return to “Other Builds”