Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

run out of words with just how impressed I am with this build. Nothing short of inspirational.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

First off, I would like to say thank you all for your kind words. You have no idea how much motivation they give me when I start flagging.

On to the main reason for posting. I need help. In the photo etch there is a piece which is causing me a problem.
IMG_20200110_170120.jpg
This is it. It is modified by adding two rivet heads from the kit. The problem i that aprt from this entry, it appears nowhere else in the instructions and I have been through them many times. It is on the same page as the turret so logic woud suggest that is where it belongs but I have no idea where. Hopefully this photo gives an idea of size.
IMG_20200110_170503.jpg
All sensible suggestions, or even better, photos of the actual item in place, will be much appreciated.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Your photograph makes it look as though it is hinged or perhaps its me becoming unhinged :lolno:
Is there a fitting on the turret that folds away when not required?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

No hinge - it is a single piece. what looks like a hinge is a double fold. I can best describe it as a small step or a kink. It obviously fixes somewhere with 2 rivets.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

most enjoyable to read and follow . Thanks for the great photos to :thumbup: looking fw to see you test run it
Drammen Rock City
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

SS1947,
* Has glass of Strong Booze ( tm) * You're going to have to look at pics of the Tank online to discover where on the turret that goes. It does not look like a hinge so much as it does a mounting point for a catch or a manual aim\sight.
regards and following along,
Painless
Attachments
Commander's Sight recut in brass.JPG
Commander's Sight recut in brass.JPG (94.31 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
...Here for the Dawn...
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello Richard, I've just checked my 38T and I think I may have found the part that you are referring to, it looks like its bolted onto the side of the gun barrel, what it is or does though I have no idea lol, hope this is of some help :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Great spot Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Thank you Lee- that's it. :thumbup: :clap: :clap: Just to make sure I am not going mad, armed with that knowledge I have gone back to the Voyager instructions and it is not there. However, I did find it eventually in the Panda ones, tucked away upsidedown in the bottom right hand corner. Previously I even looked through the Panda sprues and managed to miss it.

My confidence in the Forum has not been misplaced. Onward and upward!

Great paint job, by the way!
Richard
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Glad to be of assistance Richard :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “Other Builds”