Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Now that is a nifty little thing.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Somewhere along the way, I managed to misplace one of the turret mounts so had to make a replacement from scratch. I completed it yesterday so I test fitted the turret to the upper hull. It also gave me a chance to see more of an overall picture. It definitely looks like a tank! It is also obvious that I need to do a lot of work with the airbrush to get a more harmonious appearance between the turret and hull.
IMG_20200207_132555.jpg
The flash has accentuated the edge of my attempts at shading. It does not look quite so bad in real life, but I realise I have a lot to do. I have a question though. Once I am happy, I have a blue wash for the whole tank (It say it is for panzer grey on the jar) which I understand will help tone things down. My question is do you brush it on or airbrush it?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Gloss the entire model first so that the wash doesnt stick to the paint, then using a fine brush apply the wash to all the crevices and panel lines. I have the same wash at home and use it on a regular basis, do not airbrush it.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yes, that's it. The board for random MG movement.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

So impressed I bought 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Those will keep the turrets on the T35 turning if you want them to.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Max-U52 wrote:Yes, that's it. The board for random MG movement.
I have ordered one. Very cheap - £9.75. It will be a lot easier than trying to control the machine gun and drive at the same time. Thanks for the heads up.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I'll be looking forward to your opinions on this board, ease of use, etc.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I always recommend that a guy just snoop around at RC Tanks Australia to see what's what. Kevin has some really cool little boards, including one for running small stuff, like 1/35 or maybe even a Kettenkrad. I think that one's called the gecko. I just wish he'd start making the Asp again. It's actually a bit over my head, but once set up it's a great board and my favorite to drive for all the extra effects.

I've been dealing with Kevin for years and he's still one of my favorite vendors.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

The Voyager photo etch set has some small discs which are to represent what I think are reflector units. Does anyone know what colour they would be? Standard red and white or did the Germans use a different set?
Richard

Return to “Other Builds”