Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

silversurfer1947 wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:I purchased a large rectangular white plastic tray from Ikea for my grandson to make his Lego models on, only has a shallow rim, and wasn't expensive, it was some time ago, and was only two or three quid. Would be excellent for assembling small parts :thumbup:
Sounds like a good idea.
This is the one.
SMULA Tray - transparent - IKEA
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/smula-tray ... -40041131/
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I always work on a cheap white bed sheet (which could be laid on any flat surface, such as that tray) so that small parts can be easily seen but, most importantly, parts don't roll or move too easily and if parts are dropped they don't bounce onto the floor. This may all sound trivial but sheets are cheap and it really does work :)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

General Jumbo01 wrote:I always work on a cheap white bed sheet (which could be laid on any flat surface, such as that tray) so that small parts can be easily seen
Sorry, having reread this l should clarity that I'm talking about model making. :{
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

General Jumbo01 wrote:
General Jumbo01 wrote:I always work on a cheap white bed sheet (which could be laid on any flat surface, such as that tray) so that small parts can be easily seen
Sorry, having reread this l should clarity that I'm talking about model making. :{
Too late now, you've already admitted to needing help in seeing your small parts. . . .
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

General Jumbo01 wrote:
:/ :haha:
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Just a few photos to indicate the current state of play. It was a little intimidating when it came to cutting the sides apart, but it went fairly well. I am now debating at what stage to start painting proper. It would seem to make sense to paint the wheels and suspension before assembly. This in turn would mean painting at least the sides of the lower hull.
IMG_20191017_130035.jpg
IMG_20191017_130048.jpg
IMG_20191017_130056.jpg
IMG_20191017_130110.jpg
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I now have the inner chassis and gearboxes in place.
IMG_20191020_120137.jpg
Richard
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Beautiful work Richard
Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

A quick update. I wanted the turret hatch to be openable so initially I used the hinge from the Voyager brass etched set. This proved not to be practical, so I have used one of the miniature hinges. hopfeully, it will not look too out of place.
IMG_20191030_233327.jpg
The cupola has been painted with Vallejo Panzer Grey Primer. It looks very dark to me, but it says it is the correct RAL number. Such research I have done does indicate that the grey was very dark and had a tendency to bleach from the sun. Again, I hope that by the time I have finished, it will look more the part.

Working on the running gear at present.
Richard
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very nice again!
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Other Builds”