Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

Post by Kaczor »

Great reference, I've just bought one and waiting to re realase 35rctank conversion kit.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Emboldened by the comments on my airbrushing, I thought I would try a bit more, mainly the various wheels. I made a pig's ear of at least one of them, but am generally quite pleased.
IMG_20191202_125339.jpg
I hope I am achieving the desired effect.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Nice pre shading on those components, looks the biz to me . thanks for sharing
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

This is turning out great Richard, I really like the look of the 38T, alas a static version I have has no chance of being rc'd as it's well and truly stuck together :( i look forward to seeing more progress on your build :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Some great paintwork being displayed. This will look the part once it's done.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I am jumping about a bit with this build. As a diversion, I thought I would have a go at some of the Voyager photo etch. Assembling the clasps, for once makes me thankful I am short sighted and can get close to the parts. Hopefully, the photo will give an idea of what I am up against. It's a bit blurred but my phone won't focus that close very well. To give an idea of scale, there is the tip of a number 3 scalpel blade and the wire is 0.3mm. The small, out of focus, bracket is approx 1mm x 1mm! :crazy:
IMG_20191205_115114.jpg
I can only do one, then I have to walk away to calm down
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I have also been making up what I assume to be the tank's tool box. I was just needing 2 of the clamps to finish it off
IMG_20191205_151210 (1).jpg
Obviously the clamps will need painting to finish it off. All told, the tool box comprises 16 different pieces, held together with a combination of solder and Gorilla CA gel. The straps are for the jack which sits on top. I think it is going to be fun threading and tightening them up!
Richard
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Dang man. Those are some mighty small parts. Love the look of the bin.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
It's turning into another Masterpiece! If you look closely at the photo accompanying this post, you will see the recommended 'tonic' for getting through bouts of PE modeling. Beats screaming, any day ;o)
regards,
Painless
Attachments
I'm glad I went with one.  Turned out pretty cool..jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Help, please. Does anyone know what this is? It is a quite complex piece of photo etch and has opening lids. I would like to get the internal paint correct. The round holes with caps make me think of ammunition, but I reckon they are way too big and sitting close to a hot exhaust pipe does not seem a good idea..
IMG_20191208_135031.jpg
If you click on the photo it reorientates itself.

It sits on the tank at the left rear. This is the only photo I have found.
Panzer_38t_Ausf_E-F_rear.jpg
Richard

Return to “Other Builds”