Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Look forward to seeing yours running around Richard, it will look cracking :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Fingers crossed :D So far the only thing that I have tested is the moving hull machine gun. I am a little worried how the metal tracks will behave. Some links seem a little stiff so I keep waving the tracks around at odd intervals to try and bed them in without putting any strain on the transmission.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Richard some advice when running for the first time.

My panzer 38-t build actually used plastic kit supplied tracks and ran excellent, so I expect your metal tracks will be just fine.

The gearboxes are very quick and the board is very nice but much different than what we are used to. It responds a bit fast so setup the tank on a stand and get used to the electronics and drivetrain before running on a hard surface and you will be fine. Keep in mind the tank is lightweight and some time will be needed to get used to the throttle response.

Carl :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Thank you Carl. Great words of wisdom. I can be a bit heavy handed with the throttle. I did think about running it initially on a stand. Now I shall definitely do so.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

The gearboxes run smooth, just very quick response IMHO maybe your use of metal tracks will slow it down.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Every time I attempt any photo etch work, my admiration for BarryC and his fellow magicians takes another leap upwards. They can take some brass sheet and rod and turn it into an engineering marvel. I take some parts that are all cut out, with the bends marked for me and then struggle to put the bits together! My latest attempts are the clips that retain the covers at the rear. I think the covers are over the adjustment gear for the idlers. In theory, they should be removeable, but I think I used too much superglue to fix them. There are 4 in total here. I have three more to do for the central cover.
IMG_20200301_151736.jpg
IMG_20200301_151755.jpg
The paintwork needs a bit of attention but hopefully it will all turn out OK in the end.
Richard
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I have been playing around with some weathering, possibly a bit too much in places. To get an overall picture, I went to fit the tracks. I thought I had measured them very carefully, but found I was one link short. After a few more punctures to my fingers, this has been corrected. This is what the chassis left hand side looks like, tracked up.
IMG_20200309_143229.jpg
Richard
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Looks amazing my friend, love the look of the wheels and tracks.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV

Return to “Other Builds”