Jake's Asiatam FAMO's

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Davjacva
Recruit

Jake's Asiatam FAMO's

Post by Davjacva »

This is kind of a premature post, as I'm not going to start working on the four of my FAMO's until next year because I'm working at completing my new hobby shop and my regular place to build is completely swamped. I had been working on my Puma, but that work has stalled due to the aforementioned workshop as well, and I was working on it until my FAMO's got back. I had sent two of the four to MK Modelbau in Germany back in February and I just got them back, plus all the parts to complete my other two that weren't sent. I got new gearboxes and all wheels received bearings and some received stronger shafts. This is a photo that Martin sent out before he sent them, and here's a photo of my new shop I'm working on, but I've almost got all the insulation up and half the walls done. Looking to finish it sometime this Winter with all new countertops and cabinets. My paint booth will be ducted and all the way in the back. My lathe and mill will be on the immediate right, and my gun ammunition reloading will be next to it(Most of my hobbies are going out here!!). So these are when the electrical got installed about a month and a half ago. Once I get it done, I'll have room to work on all four FAMO's at once.
My Famo work by MK Modellbau aa.jpg
My Famo work by MK Modellbau aa.jpg (89.77 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
IMG_4185a.jpg
IMG_4185a.jpg (44.49 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
IMG_3079B.jpg
IMG_3079B.jpg (67.33 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Jake's Asiatam FAMO's

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very cool! Nice shop too
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Davjacva
Recruit

Post by Davjacva »

Have not been building anything since the Spring and halted all work on my Puma and FAMO's (except for getting MK Modellbau to do their upgrades). This was all due to getting my new workshop up and running. Got the electricity installed in June and then installed insulation and drywall. Now I'm finishing up sanding the walls, before I skim coat and paint it out. I have to install the paint booth exhaust and I'm going to wait until the last minute in order to get the exact height, so I'll have no bends and be able to achieve maximum exhaust. I get two weeks off starting next week, so I'll be able to knock this all out. Next is getting all the cabinetry and countertops in, then last will be the flooring. The recessed LED lighting was really the charm. It's incredibly bright, so I have them on a dimmer and they all add up to less wattage than a single 100w bulb.
Looking toward back of shop at wall where paint booth exhaust will go.
Looking toward back of shop at wall where paint booth exhaust will go.
IMG_4276a.jpg (67.35 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Towards the front of the shop.
Towards the front of the shop.
IMG_4277a.jpg (73.84 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Ran the wires for the stereo equipment.
Ran the wires for the stereo equipment.
IMG_4278a.jpg (43.97 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Under all this building supplies is a paint booth. Biggest one they had at the time in order to do our large-scale tanks.
Under all this building supplies is a paint booth. Biggest one they had at the time in order to do our large-scale tanks.
IMG_4279a.jpg (96.49 KiB) Viewed 782 times
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Impressive and truly enviable :D :sick: I would love a bright,welcoming, workspace such as the one you're building. I have the land for it; but much of my remaining garden area (1/4 acre) is a tad too sloped for a garage-sized building. :problem:
The Famos also look amazing. :thumbup:
Well, at least, I can enjoy a bit of your enthusiasm and expectation- vicariously :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Other Builds”