So today I bought this..

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
sinj
Recruit

Re: So today I bought this..

Post by sinj »

Revisiting a book I came across this bit of gold.
This image has been sketched as a suggestion for relocation the stowed tools etc.
The text says ‘illustrations which originally accompanied the recommendations from the field for modifications to the Jagdpanther. English translations have been pasted over the original German terminology. Abt 654 is a unit I was going to look at for camo ideas but I will try out this tool rearrangement. I like how individual units varied tool arranging or added certain hooks and hangers.
Copywrite to the image and quoted text is from the book The Combat History of schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung 654, by Karl Heinz Münch
Attachments
Field applied tool arrangements
Field applied tool arrangements
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

The kajero book has a lot of stowage diagrams as well, of all the different variations. I'll do some scans when I get back home, or you're looking for photosniper 8 is the new edition title
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

Ooh nice thank you. I’ll look for that.

Looked the above up and realise I have the Hetzer one, good book. I’ll get the JP one. Thanks for recommendation
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Looking back at your pics of the JP, I'd have to say that it's the most abused model I've seen here on the forum- apart from those designated as battlefield wrecks. 8O It looked as if the gearboxes were 'fixed' in place with pastry mix, and a ravenous creature, with a tail, and an 'eat-ABS' urge, had been gnawing contentedly on some of the interior mouldings.
Instead of TOTM, we witnessed W(reck)OTM.
But- all this means is that bringing this severely abused model back from the brink, will make the end result all the more satisfying. :thumbup: It's still a bargain basis for a rebuild, and the recovery is underway :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

Hahaha that’s made me laugh.
It’s a bit of a mess that’s for sure.
Old hull and wheels, plus one track and plastic sprocket wheels from panther G has refreshed the lower half.
Indeed the gearboxes were held in place with plastic putty()). This has all but been removed and the ‘boxes have been fitted into place- I need more fixing screws though. Also had to drill new locating holes to match the locating posts for old gearboxes.
Only other partial update is the application of some putty to mantlet /soukopf which is not the correct shape(cleaned up really easy with brown scotchbrite). I still need more sculpting putty and shaping on this.
Parts bought so far: engine grills, bucket (a must have), new barrel (BBversion) and front axel support bearing(for panther g but may go on this now). All from Forgebear.
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

sinj wrote:Revisiting a book I came across this bit of gold.
This image has been sketched as a suggestion for relocation the stowed tools etc.
The text says ‘illustrations which originally accompanied the recommendations from the field for modifications to the Jagdpanther. English translations have been pasted over the original German terminology. Abt 654 is a unit I was going to look at for camo ideas but I will try out this tool rearrangement. I like how individual units varied tool arranging or added certain hooks and hangers.
Copywrite to the image and quoted text is from the book The Combat History of schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung 654, by Karl Heinz Münch
Interesting source material you've accessed there, Sinj. :thumbup: One of the benefits of members adding the rarer items of reference material to the archive here is that, when collated, it makes RCTW a prime
resource on the 'Net. In fact, The prime resource :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

The book goes for silly money secondhand but found a seller on line selling them new. Still bloody expensive but a good source of unit info from their combat diary.
Seller was http://www.barbarossabooks.eu/

Panzerwrecks books are a great source too. Seeing first hand field mods
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

sinj wrote:Ooh nice thank you. I’ll look for that.

Looked the above up and realise I have the Hetzer one, good book. I’ll get the JP one. Thanks for recommendation
Sinj, just found it greatly reduced on ebay...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jagdpanther- ... SwN3NcTuj-
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

Ace! I’ll order one. Thank you.
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther
sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

cashybai wrote:
sinj wrote:Ooh nice thank you. I’ll look for that.

Sinj, just found it greatly reduced on ebay...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jagdpanther- ... SwN3NcTuj-
Book arrived and already got ideas from it. Thanks for the heads up.
No real progress this week but will get on it soon, hopefully tomorrow.
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther

Return to “Other Builds”