Heng Long Edition 11 G/Boxes.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
jarndice
Colonel

Heng Long Edition 11 G/Boxes.

Post by jarndice »

I in common with most of us on the Forum have a few !!! Builds on the back burner :haha:
I have a very old Heng Long PZ4 Hull with the pot metal Gearboxes,
I thought about replacing them with nice up to date Taigen ones but the mounts are wrong so I left it alone until I saw Dave advertising "Heng Long Ultimate Edition 11 Gearboxes",
So onto the Puter and typed in --- http://www.forgebeartanks.com and very soon afterwards (TODAY) they came.(Thanks Dave :thumbup: )
A moments hassle with the Output Shaft Bearings and in they went aided by the slide on power cables instead of the old soldered ones.
Who knows I might just have yet another Panzer 4 in the stable, :shifty:
I am giving serious thought to taking up Heroin as an alternative addiction it has to be cheaper :lolno:
I have a choice of one more hull, three turrets and a couple of bodies and I have yet to be in possession of a "B" or "C" version, So there's something to do in the winter of 2021 :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long Edition 11 G/Boxes.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Cool, we need a full review of these boxes please :thumbup: :D

I really don't understand the obsessive need for so many variants of the same tank :think: :crazy:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

glad you got them ok bud
thanks dave :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Good Heavens Mick are you feeling alright?
I was under the impression that you were as besotted with RC Armour as the rest of us, :crazy: Some have an affection for M4 Sherman's in all their variety, Others love Tiger1 Early/Mid/Late/as well as the Tiger 2 and far too many seem to like Panthers, my fixation if you had not noticed is the Panzer 4 :haha: .
I hope this weather has not diverted you from the true path onto say Flower arranging or Stamp Collecting.
Both very worthy and quite harmless I am sure but please don't give up on us old friend :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Good Heavens Mick are you feeling alright?
I was under the impression that you were as besotted with RC Armour as the rest of us, :crazy: Some have an affection for M4 Sherman's in all their variety, Others love Tiger1 Early/Mid/Late/as well as the Tiger 2 and far too many seem to like Panthers, my fixation if you had not noticed is the Panzer 4 :haha: .
I hope this weather has not diverted you from the true path onto say Flower arranging or Stamp Collecting.
Both very worthy and quite harmless I am sure but please don't give up on us old friend :wave:
I think there may have been a slight hint of self-deprecating humour in Mick's comment, Shaun :D Shermanophiles and Panzer4ites do abound in our midst, along with the Truckers, Cat-people, and T34- skis
but Mick, far from taking up flower-arranging, seems to be assembling the biggest Sherman scrapyard, for desirable parts, on the Forum. :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

...a more direct link:
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p9 ... _Tank.html
I like the fact that the connectors have spade terminals, for push-on connections. It's not unusual to have gearboxes with poorly soldered motor connectors.In fact,
I had one delivered recently, where the positive lead became detached as I removed the box from its packaging. I'm ok at soldering, so it wasn't a big problem; but dry joints can probably explain the poor performance of some eagerly awaited, and newly unwrapped, RTR tanks... :problem:
Motors with a spade connector arrangement should be free of the problem. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Roy If this was from any one other than a man whose idea of "Fun" is to masochistically build one after another of "Ludwigs" revenge on any citizen of these shores because of the antics of the soldiery of the British Army of the Rhine keeping him awake every weekend for the last fifty years I might have doubted my own enthusiasm ,
So you think that Mick is as crackers as the rest of us then,
Well that's a relief :haha:
Last edited by jarndice on Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

How many Panzer IV do you have, man?

It would be great to see at least one...
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Had a good look at one of these when last collecting goodies from Dave and was pleasantly impressed with the quality, quite an upgrade from the standard box. With ball races on all shafts they should be quiet and efficient. Shame the box omits useful info like motor revs and gearbox ratios etc.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Rad, Let us just say that Heinz Guderian would be as jealous as all get up :haha:

Return to “Other Builds”