Heng Long Edition 11 G/Boxes.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long Edition 11 G/Boxes.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
jarndice wrote:Good Heavens Mick are you feeling alright?
I was under the impression that you were as besotted with RC Armour as the rest of us, :crazy: Some have an affection for M4 Sherman's in all their variety, Others love Tiger1 Early/Mid/Late/as well as the Tiger 2 and far too many seem to like Panthers, my fixation if you had not noticed is the Panzer 4 :haha: .
I hope this weather has not diverted you from the true path onto say Flower arranging or Stamp Collecting.
Both very worthy and quite harmless I am sure but please don't give up on us old friend :wave:
I think there may have been a slight hint of self-deprecating humour in Mick's comment, Shaun :D Shermanophiles and Panzer4ites do abound in our midst, along with the Truckers, Cat-people, and T34- skis
but Mick, far from taking up flower-arranging, seems to be assembling the biggest Sherman scrapyard, for desirable parts, on the Forum. :lolno:
I just couldn't resist :D

And yes, I was making fun of myself :D As for flower arranging, been there, tried that, I'm much better at growing weeds in the garden ;)

Yeah, I may be accumulating a large stock of Sherman parts, but there is no scrap thank you very much >:<
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jarndice wrote:Hi Rad, Let us just say that Heinz Guderian would be as jealous as all get up :haha:
Lol

But no photos, no armored division!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
jarndice wrote:Hi Rad, Let us just say that Heinz Guderian would be as jealous as all get up :haha:
Lol

But no photos, no armored division!
Let’s say that Mr Jarndices tanks are more reclusive than Howard Hughs!!!
Similar to a humble & modest South African- we know they are there, but no one has seen one !!!!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Let’s say that Mr Jarndices tanks are more reclusive than Howard Hughs!!!
Similar to a humble & modest South African- we know they are there, but no one has seen one !!!!!!
I know one, although he's not "there" he's here.
Once told me that his school in Johannesburg banned "safety" rulers, because kids were using them as weapons lol.

Shaun, in your humble opinion, are these gearboxes worth getting?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Mick, I bought these Gearboxes because the Taigen Gearboxes I preferred would not fit the mounts of the very early Heng Long Panzer4 Plastic hull that I was working on.
I wanted a proper Metal replacement for the Pot Metal ones already installed But they would have to be cheap.
I obviously searched Dave's shop first and as ever he did not disappoint me,
A reasonable price for a much better quality of gearbox with separate power cables that don't get in the way when fitting them in the hull but can be slid onto the spade connectors later,
This set has to be unique in that the access to the fixing screws is actually easy.
(The box includes the instruction to retighten the fixing screws after a period of operation, Good advise)
Do bear in mind that they do NOT come with Fixing screws so don't lose the ones that were holding the old gearboxes in place.
They are smooth running and quiet in operation and nicely low profile which allows for a switch panel to fit over the gears and be operable from under the Drivers hatch.
Recommended.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Other Builds”