Torro Full Metal 1:16 KingTiger Elevation and Recoil upgrade

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Tgerard
Recruit

Re: Torro Full Metal 1:16 KingTiger Elevation and Recoil upg

Post by Tgerard »

>> I forgot to mention that the tank colors have not been touched with Photoshop. This is a 1:1 copy paste into the background picture.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Tgerard wrote:This tank I intend to paint factory new Ardenne camoufage. I don't agree with people claiming a tank must always look damaged, worn and rusty, because every tank was at be begining brand new with no scratches
We are like minded here. All my models are either showroom new or have been test driven in the rain at worst! A 1/6 KT should make a great model. I hope you have an empty garage to build and store it in. But.... how will you keep your fingers busy until it arrives? Another 1/16 maybe?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Very nice, like the Al upper hull mod to fix flex. Much better than the thick styrene that i used , must try that next time.
Tgerard
Recruit

Post by Tgerard »

General Jumbo01 wrote:But.... how will you keep your fingers busy until it arrives? Another 1/16 maybe?
The lower hull and turret modification was lasting over 2 years. I built various different versions by trial and error method, all off them where to big when fitting into the tank. Now I am happy that it is finished and me having time to do other things for several month.
I have only a 4 m2 room to work, therefore I still need to find a solution for the heavy 1:6 Tank.

And I ask myself if the pleasure of building and owning a 1:6 Armortek outwights the cost of around 10,000€!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

The solution is really simple. First, win the lottery. Secondly, buy a big house with a small factory in the garden with a fully equipped machine workshop. Lastly, buy and build your tank. Since it will be the size of a small car, you'll need a large battlefield to play in.

You can adjust some of the above suggestions but the first one is essential :D
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Tgerard
Recruit

Post by Tgerard »

After I finished the Canon Elevation and Recoil upgrade, I performed a Winter drive test to check if the turret and canon wobble is gone now.
Part 3 of 3
https://youtu.be/oikXJZijDyM

Part 1 of 3
https://youtu.be/9FmiumK5Dqc
Part 2 of 3
https://youtu.be/wv5fOqxukVs
Attachments
P1.JPG

Return to “Other Builds”