Taigen Panzer 4 Turret.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Taigen Panzer 4 Turret.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

That's interesting, Carl. I see that they've copied Tamiya's three roller- bearing arrangement for the turret ring.. :) It's about time the basic friction-ridden plastic on plastic arrangement was confined to the scrap heap. :) Taigen are making progress...by aping Tamiya ;)
Maybe they've also copied the elevation unit too. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:That's interesting, Carl. I see that they've copied Tamiya's three roller- bearing arrangement for the turret ring.. :) It's about time the basic friction-ridden plastic on plastic arrangement was confined to the scrap heap. :) Taigen are making progress...by aping Tamiya ;)
Maybe they've also copied the elevation unit too. :think:
I must admit, the turret turns very smoothly with the aid of the bearings.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Yes, I can see now how that would work for IR models. I levered the same IR unit into my Cromwell (and it's just as short of real estate as the Pz IV). But- I can't see how they could fit an airsoft unit in there without putting the elevation unit back in the bin, unless they're using a revised unit.. (like the one in the StuG111)

Edit: (slaps forehead.. :/ ). I'd quite forgotten that the Taigen recoil unit has recoil and elevation built in, and doesn't need an external elevation unit like the airsoft gun, or the Heng Long style recoil unit (which is also gun shaped). That's why it doesn't need to encroach on the storage box now, like it used to. Duh... :D
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes this is quite interesting. I'm curious to see how the turret with airsoft is fitted.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

c.rainford73 wrote:Yes this is quite interesting. I'm curious to see how the turret with airsoft is fitted.
Me too!
Well, at the Time Arnie was regaling us with pics of the first new generation Taigen Pz IV on the Forum, I looked on rctank.de for airsoft versions. The only ones on display then (complete with wooden sarcophagus..and 'Metal' tag) were ones that still had the 'hunchback' storage box appearance. They're not there now, so I can only assume that Taigen have re-jigged the internal arrangement on Tamiya lines.
:) Imitation might be the sincerest form of flattery, as the saying goes, but these days it's also grist to the mill for avaricious copyright lawyers.... 8O
Oddball1989
Recruit

Post by Oddball1989 »

The taigen panzer iv turret with airsoft probably uses the tiger 1 elevation motor which is in the turret also

Return to “Other Builds”