Tank internals

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tank internals

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Some very tidy work there, excellent :clap: :thumbup:

regards john :wave:
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: They are cool trays Tom, James and Roy :thumbup: did you all purchase them or make them?
Yep, scratch built from Styrene sheet.

Measure many, cut once, add bits back until it fits!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jimbo_wa wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote: They are cool trays Tom, James and Roy :thumbup: did you all purchase them or make them?
Yep, scratch built from Styrene sheet.

Measure many, cut once, add bits back until it fits
Awesome, idea stolen :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Davjacva
Recruit

Post by Davjacva »

Tom et al,
I'm always impressed with you all that can organize interiors very well. I have a question. Why aren't you all using smaller speakers (2w x 8ohm) wired in parallel to save a ton of space. You don't lose sound or resonance. On my Tamiya Pershing, which sounds more deep-throated than my Tamiya Tigers, they go right above the final drives. Space is a premium in the Pershing and this was a big space-saver so I can still use full 7.2vdc NiMh batteries. Sorry, don't have photo of it, but I do have one. Here when I was doing my Porsche Tiger I went and did a function check, and couldn't figure out why there wasn't any damn sound...yeah it was about 2am in the morning and I couldn't believe I hadn't even hooked up a damn speaker, so I took one out of my Jagdpanther sans the plastic cover until I get the small railroad speakers inside that will go over the sponsons.
Once again, really nice work.
IMG_3694a.jpg

Return to “Other Builds”