Centurion mk3

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
tomhugill
Captain

Centurion mk3

Post by tomhugill »

Because I haven't got enough projects! Hot off Alwyn's printer a rather fetching centurion MK3. Alwyn's done a thread to date but I thought I'd start a new one to show it off and track my part of the build! Excuse the drive sprocket positions, the gearboxes aren't fixed down yet. She will be running a tk60 sbus, DKLM propulsion dynamics gearboxes, servo recoil and elevation and a battle system.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
C.Ellis
Private

Re: Centurion mk3

Post by C.Ellis »

Wow! Makes me wish I had a 3D printer!
What are your plans for the paint scheme?
rmichalbarna
Private

Post by rmichalbarna »

Veri good!
http://www.mujtank.tym.cz

Model:Tatra 141 +p32 1/16
T34/85 1/16
Tiger 1 1/16
BMW R 12 sidecar 1/16
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I didn't mean to start on this but hey ho. As built the recoil travel length was very short so first order of business was to change that! Some butchery later (sorry Alwyn) and I've got a respectable recoil stroke. I need to try the medium size gear as the elevation is much reduced now, doh! ImageImageImageImage

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

No problems Tom, it's your tank and you need to make it work as you want it to, modify away..

Watching with great interest.
Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Tom, I'm a bit worried about the strength of the modified part so have done some mods to suit your required recoil

pm me your postal address and I'll print it and send it

This modified part will maintain the strength of the pivot and make the mantlet mounting more stable. There could be an issue with barrel stability but you can give it a try.

Regarding the elevation you should be able to modify the turret base to give you more elevation by cutting out a portion of the turret floor - obviously without impacting the rotation ability. :thumbup:

Best regards

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hey Alwyn,

I'll send it over via pm, can't fault your service on this!

As I've nodded it's seems strong as I don't need to have cut into the infill too much but we shall see!

It's going to be close with cutting into the bit of the floor that holds the turret ring but I'm going to have another look.

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Tom, not a problem about the service, if I do something I want it to be right and work properly so no worries. :thumbup:

Strewth I think I'm turning ozzie - must be working on Herman's build that does it!

pebblemonkey73
Private

Post by pebblemonkey73 »

Beautiful Tank, ALwyn has done you proud, guess 2019 is going to be a busy year for you Tom.
I'll never own a stock tank :P
Member of the Midland Battle Tankers.
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Tom...

I hate you binky....
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov

Return to “Other Builds”