Centurion mk3

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Centurion mk3

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Really looks like a tank now, Tom. Considering the smooth, white plastic vehicle that you began with, you have taken very long strides indeed.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

So will the team get together and make a limited production run for Christmas 2019? There are not many of us that could make one for ourselves but l bet a few of us mortals would love to own one ;)

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks,

Some more progress today, first (and possibly only) lot of pin washes done with a mixture of lamp black and burnt umber oils. Tools and cables also painted up and fitted. Also added the rusting to the exhaust system and started to pick out the little details like the external fire extinguisher handles in red and scopes in very dark brown. These will get a coat of gloss to make them more glass like.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Centurion mk3

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks,

Quite a lot more done on the centurion since the last post.

The biggie is the crew, I’ve found a couple of figures which I thought would be suitable (the drivers a little overscale but will do). I’ve cut them down to fit the hatches and dremmeled the commander out so he fits over the socket for the IR receiver. They’ve only got their base colours so far but I’m pleased. Next up I’ve painted the hatch interiors and done the drivers scopes. Painted the rust effects and the blacking on the exhausts. Refitted the tyres and tracks and generally tidied up the pin washes and paint in general.

ImageImageImage.jpg[/IMG]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

There are any number of detail treats on your Centurion, Tom. :thumbup: :clap: One that appeals to me, particularly, is the weather shroud/or Mantlet Pac-a-mac shielding the gun Mantlet (don't know the actual term used for it by the builders, or the Army.).
The Comet was fitted with on later on, and so any helpful suggestions you can make, when I get around to adding such a weather defence, will be most welcome. :) That's if I could pluck up the courage to begin making one in the first place... :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:There are any number of detail treats on your Centurion, Tom. :thumbup: :clap: One that appeals to me, particularly, is the weather shroud/or Mantlet Pac-a-mac shielding the gun Mantlet (don't know the actual term used for it by the builders, or the Army.).
The Comet was fitted with on later on, and so any helpful suggestions you can make, when I get around to adding such a weather defence, will be most welcome. :) That's if I could pluck up the courage to begin making one in the first place... :think:
Hey Roy thanks for the kind words! The pac a mac (!) was made from lightweight sailcloth type material from an sun umbrella bag. Was a lot of trial and error but I’m pleased with it. Took 3 or 4 attempts so if you jump in don’t get disheartened if you don’t nail it first time.

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks,

Some more work done on the Cent.

I’ve finished the crew figures which I’m quite pleased with!

I’ve also started the weathering process. First up has been using oils for streaking and to give variation in tone to break up the green.

Something I thought I’d try was seeing how she looked defrocked. I was pleasantly surprised! The nice thing with the way Alwyn made the skirts is I can run it with or without without issue.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Salubrious :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Excellent!
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Fantastic, looks every bit the part! :clap:

Barry