Panther

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Panther

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I saw some mind-blowingly detailed model interiors (various scales) at the Swiss Military Museum at Full, Ronnie. It's really refreshing to see such a model coming together here :thumbup:
There's a trip around the Museum here in pics. You'll see some of the models and diorama display cases on pages 13 and 18. It's a pity there are no closeups. :)
https://www.festungsmuseum.ch/about-us/ ... srundgang/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

:thumbup: Hey there Ronnie. You have an amazing Panther there and do build the details on the reamains of th kit you have taken for the RC tank is just fantastic. I like that alot.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Thanks Soeren Yes its a nice kit, has a few issues like the electics. The 1/35 kits show more moulded in cable runs , need a good book with lots of interior photos. Am trying to find pics of the hydraulic hoses round the transmission would be a good upgrade. No shell exhaust gas tube in kit. Lots of mg ammo boxes but no gurtsack for the AA mg.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Turret and gun painted. Next up some fixes then wear and grime.
lower basket
lower basket
gun
gun
fitted in, the gearing for elevation holds it in place and sink marks to fix.
fitted in, the gearing for elevation holds it in place and sink marks to fix.
top view , a few seams to fix.
top view , a few seams to fix.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Next task building the working tracks . Been putting this off 4 parts per track link and an ice cleat every 3 track links
P1215757.JPG
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

While I admire your dedication, part of me recommends you are restrained and sedated !!!!
I'd say on the scale of patience, you & ole Mother Theresa would be closely related !!

From a selfish point, if you dont want to, or cant be assed using those ice cleats, I would love them for an upcoming project ;) :shifty:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

If i had the patience of a saint it would be , spent time sorting out build plan , buy everything needed and have an efficient work flow. Don't think my builds show that. :haha:
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Tracks done and some wiring added.
4 parts per link a pain
4 parts per link a pain
wiring added
wiring added
hydraulic lines added
hydraulic lines added

Return to “Other Builds”