An interesting commission - Maultier panzerwerfer 42

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

An interesting commission - Maultier panzerwerfer 42

Post by AlwynTurner »

Now I'm back from my jollies I will be starting on an interesting commission for one of our Antipodean members, namely the suspension for the Maultier Panzerwerfer
It will use the suspension units from the universal carrier which will need some mods, plus some modified front wheel hubs. The plan is to use a WPL chassis/motor/axle units and Tamiya tracks.

Should keep me out of mischief for a while! :crazy: :D

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: An interesting commission - Maultier panzerwerfer 42

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Oh wow, I really will be following this build with great interest Alwyn :thumbup:

What a fantastic subject :clap:

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Nice to see the Artist back in his studio. Welcome back, Alwyn :thumbup: I'll just get a comfy cushion for my computer Captain's Chair, and settle down for an informative build thread :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

And as I know exactly how good Mr Turners bits will be, the pressure builds to do it justice once I get the King Tiger finished.
Im going to try having a break from tanks, and begrudgingly-but inevitably- do a truck based build.
Ive got the rocket Panther, so another actual rocket firing AFV seems right.
The base running gear for this can only be done on a printer............no point trying to reinvent the wheel when jokers like Mr Turner can simply produce THE wheel !!
I was also looking at using narrowed M41 Bulldog tracks on this( in lieu of anything better), close enough for this kid, but thats a fair old way off yet.

Salutations and appreciations to Mr Turner for even wanting to begin another project after such a relaxing & clearly enjoyable holiday.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Looking at the front wheels I seem to think that someone has done a hub and purchased some appropriate tyres that would suit, can anyone point me in the right direction please, I think the tyres may have come from Germany?

Thanks
Alwyn

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

I think the tyres you need are from 'tank modellbau' Alwyn , just search under wheeled vehicle's, tyres and rims, they are the same ones that I've used on a few of my truck builds :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks Lee, did you design the rims for them?

Alwyn

midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome back Alwyn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

I bought the rims from 'tank modellbau' also Alwyn, I did modify them a bit by using the centre's from the original heng long trucks hubs and fitting them onto the new rims, I think I may have shown how I did it on my deuce 6x6 build :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks Lee, I think I may design some hubs for the tyres to get a good match to the Maultier ones.

Alwyn

Return to “Other Builds”