Russian MB-LT Army Surplus Logging Machine

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
square4
Lance Corporal

Re: Russian MB-LT Army Surplus Logging Machine

Post by square4 »

That is a good looking model homemade or not,very well done, :clap: :clap: :clap: also second what you say about Halfords paint.
I never finish anyth
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Gosh, that machine looks a beast :clap: hard to imagine it's on a heng long/WPL chassis.

I have a double question involving your bumper paint if I may.
I know the bumper paint is very good, but I don't know anything about printing. I've spied something large Woz is selling on his shapeways site, I really want it, but it only comes in white versatile plastic, I don't have a clue what that is, I'm guessing nylon, therefore, should I either ask Woz if he can print it in something else, or do you think the bumper paint will work on that type of plastic?

Thanks.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It's alll 3D printed, no Heng Long or WPL parts on there, apart from PzIII tracks and some scrap plastic gearboxes.

The Shapeways stuff is usually pretty smooth when printed as they use $$$$ machines, not the home hobby ones that we use. You may well get away with minimal sanding to smooth it.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thanks Rob :thumbup:
Do you recommend any particular primer?

I was complimenting your 4x4 that you sprayed with bumper paint when I mentioned stock running gear.
But your tracked vehicle is rather cool too :thumbup:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Ah gotcha, but the Rally Truck is a 1/10 scale. It looks small in the pics but its quite a big truck in real life, 2.2" tyres etc.

To be honest I use the Halfords bumper paint on all my 3D prints nowadays as its so easy to just spray parts until they are nice and smooth.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Oh, thought they were heng long wheels lol.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated, thought I'd get things right in my head before I made a rather expensive single item purchase :thumbup:

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Finally running as it should, all done except for the wheelcaps. A quick test run to check that it doesn't de-track, and that nothing falls off, and it passed. The gearboxes are scrap plastic ones, and the final drive gears were slipping on the shaft. I Gorilla glued them both but only one held. To cure the other I drilled a 3mm hole though the shaft, cut off an M3 bolt, cut a thread, threaded that through and superglued it. It will do for now. :D
phpBB [video]

Sorry about the quality, it was done in artificial lighting on my phone. :S
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Other Builds”