Another 'tug'!

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Another 'tug'!

Post by General Jumbo01 »

So what do you do while you are waiting for that illusive JS-2? Obvious, you build yourself another tractor unit/custom rig for your fleet of tank transporters! I've now three low loaders for transporting the Fuckleburgh Collection fleet of WW2 armour but only had the Peterbilt Grand Hauler custom to tow them so decided to add a Globe Liner, another Tamiya based rig.

I've extended the chassis by a scale 5'6", added two custom prop shafts either side on a mid mounted 2-1 reduction box, fitted an 80t can, new Lesu soft compound tyres, wide tyres and rims on the front, a low crash bar at the rear, checker plated the rails, bigger bore tower style pipes and added a pair of induction pipes, a Suzie bar and pipes from a man with a 3D printer, a whole bundle of custom lights and more, all controlled by a superb GT Power multi function control system (beats the pants off the Tamiya system and can be found for 10% of the price) which controls sounds, lights, vibration, 3 speed gear box, all via a 10 channel FlySky i6X. It can crawl like a snail in 1st and run a respectable speed in 3rd while a quick slacken and tighten of a grub screw and its back to 1-1 mid gear box which doubles the speeds in all gears. The paint is a Tamiya Olive drab 2 base topped with Humbrol apple green tinted laquer with a lot of gold metallic all sealed by umpteen coats of Halfords acrylic clear gloss. In room light it's a shiny camo colour but in the sun it'll burn your pupils out!

My thanks must go to True Scale Trucks for their range of custom parts and raw materials for scratching and Active Models for the base kit, oh and Forgebear for the US decals! Now come on Dave, tell Taigen to get their finger out before l start on a Mack!

Hope you like it....ImageImageImage

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Another 'tug'!

Post by forgebear »

hang in there won't be much longer :wave:

Return to “Other Builds”