ANOTHER T34 WRECK

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

ANOTHER T34 WRECK

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well, Ive done one for one mate, another quick fix up for another, now its time for one for me !!
Got a poor looking WSN in a box full of what the owner called junk.
I guess the goodies I got really do sum up "one mans trash is another mans treasure".

Set about cleaning the outside. It was covered in under the bed dust, dog hair, and some other stuff which was almost like mold, but who knows.
Kitchen sink, stiff brush and hook-in.
Once clean, did a dry fit of all major bits & took the remnants of the guards off.
Now I have an idea to bring a new look to a static display wreck, so this is all about trying that theory out with no risk.

I have a few of the all-steel roadwheels from a covert Trumpeter T34 carcass, so these will go on.
The rest of that Trumpeter kit will be used in due course on a '76 barrel that I have a Taigen lower hull for, and I intend on building a transmission top strap on the engine deck (as was done in the day according to pictures) just to get a bit different.

For this one, rather than remove a large section of armour out of the hull, I want to have a couple of penetrations, one in the turret and another in the right side of the hull, causing a major blaze.
Its the blaze I want to try..........

This arvo I've got the wheels base painted in dark green, and used a grey etch-primer for the hull & turret.(coz thats all I had handy)
Added the vision slits to the cupola, and secured all the loose parts.
Tomorrow I will get the penetrations in, and maybe get the 4BO green on the grey.

Anyway...............a bit of fun while waiting for stuff to come together for F05 :/
Attachments
P8310029.JPG
P8310028.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: ANOTHER T34 WRECK

Post by dgsselkirk »

Love it Herman... Throw a battery and smoker into it for field use!
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well, kind of !
Had a stay at home day today, had a house full of sick kids & wives, so as no one was due to go anywhere, I got the base colour on.
Now I know how the MIG 4BO set is supposed to work, had a go or 2 at it.
Never been happy with the way I made it work.
This time, due to poor planning, and the fact this is a chuck together thing, I had no MIG base left, and bugger-all light base :{
So, used the base as the cover for the grey primer, then, in a real fluster, mixed a bit of XF-51 Khaki Drab and XF-13 J.A. Green to use as the top coat..........
It didnt photograph well, but this will be my go-to for the Soviet green effect I think.
Added the penetrations & spalling, bunged on the matt seal, and used XF-16 Flat Aluminium to do the resilient steel rims on the centre roadwheels.
After a suitable short drying time, smashed a wash of MIG 1507 Tan for yellow green onto it, and as one part was drying, went back over the dry bits with MIG 1000 Brown for German Dark Yellow !
I still have the wheels to wash and add pigments to, but so far-so good.

Now the plan is to use the tank as a base for a representative fire, one that has just erupted from the 2 hits.
For this I am using a $4 touch light, chicken wire, coloured cellophane, and pillow packing fill :wtf:
The light bulb is mounted on the rear, and if it goes all pear shaped, I can remove the bulb and cover the screw holes easily.
The idea is not mine alone, but the use of a touch light is.............others that do it use complicated inverters, and LED dimmer switches.
Not this kid, Im all about simple.
In fact, I was testing out the theory when the Mrs got involved (actually I asked her to hold stuff while I looked & thought) and the idea of the touch light was born.
She came home next day with, no joke, a bag full of various cheap touch light options !!!!!
Even little tea light candles that flicker , who knew !!

So its wheels to wash & pigment, tracks to paint & wash, then the fire.
Attachments
BING, I HAVE AN IDEA!
BING, I HAVE AN IDEA!
P9010034.JPG
BASE SHADE DONE
BASE SHADE DONE
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Simply amazing work. Herman you never disappoint :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks mate............a bit more progress.
Attachments
P9020028.JPG
P9010028 (3).JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Looking pretty cool Herman, can't wait to see how the fire effect turns out. :clap:

Question; where did the road wheels without tires come from?

Cheers,
Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Great idea Herman. Looking forward to the end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

BarryC wrote:Looking pretty cool Herman, can't wait to see how the fire effect turns out. :clap:

Question; where did the road wheels without tires come from?

Cheers,
Barry
They came out of leftovers from a Trumpeter static kit that I was gifted some time ago.
They fit straight on the WSN arms, and line up perfectly with the drive and idlers.
Even the WSN hubcaps fit straight on,
I have a T34/76 project ahead and these may end up on it, but the Taigen metal lower is too good to risk running plastic wheels, so jury is out until I’m faced with the doing at the time.
This is just a quick fill in while waiting for electronics for F05 so I’m not going to pour loads of time into it.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Thanks Herman,

I want to build an early T-34/76 and thought the wheels without tires would be just the ticket.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

BarryC wrote:I want to build an early T-34/76 and thought the wheels without tires would be just the ticket.
Barry, you CAN get a set of T34 steel road wheels from Shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/product/23RZ9 ... arketplace but the cost of several of them would be more than buying one of the Trumpeter kits just for the wheels. -Mike

Return to “Other Builds”