ANOTHER T34 WRECK

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: ANOTHER T34 WRECK

Post by HERMAN BIX »

BarryC wrote:Thanks Herman,

I want to build an early T-34/76 and thought the wheels without tires would be just the ticket.

Barry
Tell ya what, I wouldnt have used them on my running one as they are static plastic & so would quickly fail with metal tracks, higher weight & the abrasive terrain we run on on club days, so if you like, I can gift them forward' like was done to me, as on a build you are likely to come up with, they are much too nice to just languish on a wreck model here !
I can use the standard wheels on my wreck & send the steels to you.
Your call mate............................a yes or no answer is all it takes !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Herman, I sent Barry a PM to offer him 4 of the steel roadwheels that I have as spares. If he wants them; let me send them to him instead of you, as I'm a lot closer and the postage is MUCH cheaper! (Besides, your build is ALREADY too cool to lessen it with using only "regular" roadwheels)! -Mike
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Herman, Mike,

You guys are just plan awesome!

Herman, Mike is going to send me the 4 he has. I have also found these listed on the Ludwig site. Not sure they are correct but look the similar to the ones pictured in your build. http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/t-34zubehoer.html

I also agree with Mike yours look too good to removed them. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well with the wheel supply sorted (thanks Mr Sassgrunt) I had a bit of a revisit on this today.
Decided to fit the tracks, check the look, and go from there.
The right side being the hit side, I went with a shot also hitting the idler & track.
Still lots of paint & weathering to do in this area, but the idea is sound.
Got a set of side cutters & hooked in.

The broken link looks ok, once finished should be convincing enough I hope.

Plan to get some spray adhesive tomorrow to secure the 'smoke' material to the frame then paint it.
Attachments
P9220033.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

It is coming out VERY nicely, Herman! I really like the shade of green that you mixed up for it, and having the damage to the track and idler adds to the effect. It is going to be the most unique night-light around, and anyone would be proud to have it by their bedside. (Unless your Missus would object to it - you don't want to rile a woman who is willing to shop for bits for your projects)!
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Very nice Herman! :clap:

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Cheers guys, got a bit more done today..........
Got hold of some spray adhesive to secure the pillow fill to the 'flame-frame' !
It seems to have held nicely.
Used a grey primer to darken the white of the plume, might do some more once I sort the cellophane colours out.
Also got the running gear washed in tan dust, all that remains is to get a dust coat and a bit of pigment on.
This tank has just been hit with 3 shots, and has not cooked-off yet, the turret is still in place.
A bit to do to improve the colour of the flame once the light is on.
Its a bit pink rather than a red/orange so that shall not do :-<

Looks ok with the light off, will get that sorted so its right with the light on and chuck it on a base to complete it.
by then, I will have my Taigen electronics for F05 and that will be the focus.
Attachments
NO PAINT YET WHILE GLUE DRIES
NO PAINT YET WHILE GLUE DRIES
P9230037.JPG
P9230036.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Looks a bit better with grey over it, but I need to get the colours inside a lot more orange.
The light is not on by the way.
Attachments
P9230031.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

That smoke looks good. I only recently came across that technique after stumbling across some incredible diorama pics on Facebook. There is one of a U-boat getting hit underwater that looks so good my wife who has zero interest in models was even impressed. The effect is pretty amazing when it's done right.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Looking really good Mr Bix. I applaud your ability to simply "go for it" and tackle subject matter and builds that many of us would not have the courage to attempt :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Other Builds”