An Interesting Project That Needs A Little Help

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
FLAMEDRON599
Recruit

An Interesting Project That Needs A Little Help

Post by FLAMEDRON599 »

So I'm in the process of planing and searching for parts to convert a 1/35 tank model to RC. I've seen the Japanese do this for a long time and I want to bring it to Europe. The big problem I've found is to make a recoil unit and motherboard. The Japanese solved this by using the Tamiya 1/35 RC or code/build their own motherboard.

well a 1/35 RC Tiger Tank is currently at 10,000 euros on amazon Germany and I can't code beyond html well I'm trapped,or maybe not.

I got to thinking and realized I'm broke but that's a different story. I own a Taigen Panther I really like the way the tank drives and the v2 motherboard is suppose to be better so why not used a Taigen motherboard for the tank? Well I'm shit at electronics so I came here for help to see if it would be possible to use this motherboard with smaller motors and batteries.

I think this would be a cool thing to bring to Europe smaller sets easier realism with the vehicles and more variety.

What do you think?

If you have any alternative ideas please don't be afraid to share them here.

Hopefully this project will work out.

here is the best example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWcvJfebc28
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: An Interesting Project That Needs A Little Help

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
You can get a Tamiya Tiger 1 in 1/35 scale for a lot less than 10,000 but it is just going to drive and have turret rotate \ gun elevate. These are the newest and nicest basic 1/35 scale kits from Tamiya and include a Panther and Sherman and T-34. Hundreds of dollars not thousands. ( and even then, the fact that I can buy a new Taigen 1/16 Tiger for the price of an RC 1/35 scale tank keeps me away from them ) I have dabbled in RC and Infrared small scale tanks but stick with the larger scales now. For one thing, once tracks wear out, they are near impossible to replace on 1/144 or 1/72 scale or 1/48. I have the earliest Tamiya RC Tiger 1 and it is on it's 3rd set of tracks and now needs gearbox repair. Stick with the Big Boys and you will be happier and less out of pocket.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Early Tamiya RC Tiger 1 in 1 35th...many metal addons, barrel, shackles, etc..JPG
Early Tamiya RC Tiger 1 in 1 35th...many metal addons, barrel, shackles, etc..JPG (99.58 KiB) Viewed 1746 times
...Here for the Dawn...
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

try here

http://35rctank.com/

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
FLAMEDRON599
Recruit

Post by FLAMEDRON599 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning,
You can get a Tamiya Tiger 1 in 1/35 scale for a lot less than 10,000 but it is just going to drive and have turret rotate \ gun elevate. These are the newest and nicest basic 1/35 scale kits from Tamiya and include a Panther and Sherman and T-34. Hundreds of dollars not thousands. ( and even then, the fact that I can buy a new Taigen 1/16 Tiger for the price of an RC 1/35 scale tank keeps me away from them ) I have dabbled in RC and Infrared small scale tanks but stick with the larger scales now. For one thing, once tracks wear out, they are near impossible to replace on 1/144 or 1/72 scale or 1/48. I have the earliest Tamiya RC Tiger 1 and it is on it's 3rd set of tracks and now needs gearbox repair. Stick with the Big Boys and you will be happier and less out of pocket.
regards,
Painless
Yes I know but I'm in Germany all stores that use to sell them don't anymore and the only one available is on amazon.de for 10,000 euros

what kind of tracks do you have on your tiger they look like rubber, rubber doesn't last long on rc tanks
you can get metal tracks in 1/48, 1/35 and they last very long

so scratch build is the way to go
FLAMEDRON599
Recruit

Post by FLAMEDRON599 »

AlwynTurner wrote:try here

http://35rctank.com/

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
Tanks for the suggestion but I have already come across this website

they don't have the tank I have
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
I only run this Tiger 1 indoors. The first set lasted over 8 years. I replaced the second set with a set of the Dragon tracks. Those are still going strong. When I get around to replacing the gearboxes ( If I live long enough ) I will consider Spade Ace tracks or something similar.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

FLAMEDRON599 wrote:

Yes I know but I'm in Germany all stores that use to sell them don't anymore and the only one available is on amazon.de for 10,000 euros
10.000 euros? LOL
There are a lot or sale in ebay very cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 5&_sacat=0
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
FLAMEDRON599
Recruit

Post by FLAMEDRON599 »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
FLAMEDRON599 wrote:

10.000 euros? LOL
There are a lot or sale in ebay very cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 5&_sacat=0
Tank you for the suggestion due to bad and by bad I mean I still want my money back for a product they did not send I do not trust ebay

however I started this thread to see if I could use a taigen motherboard for a 1/35 tank
FLAMEDRON599
Recruit

Post by FLAMEDRON599 »

If I'm not mistaken I believe this product is no longer sold.

Return to “General Discussion”