Wsn mid tiger rebuild

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Re: Wsn mid tiger rebuild

Post by cashybai »

Update time, back at work so four days off the build! Few bits done, firstly the wiring. I double checked the Hull connector, found I was wired right, resoldered everything, still wouldn't play. Found another connector, hardwired it and alles gut! Got working mg's and lights now, so spliced connectors inline to allow upper hull/turret/rx separation. Recoil is intermittent, did have a snaggy barrel to recoil screw that's been shortened, I'll put a brass slide shim inplace to assist with friction loss, should help but otherwise we're about there. All primered up now in tamiya grey primer, next step is zim... Gone for taigen rubber for starters, may well resort to grout or milliput, but bottled it for the time being...
DSC_0061.jpg
DSC_0061.jpg (62.99 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
DSC_0062.jpg
DSC_0062.jpg (71.6 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
DSC_0063.jpg
DSC_0063.jpg (67.81 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

Should add, back end and lower Hull all now primered, just not got a piccy.. Once the zims aboard, I'll be camoing the beast and we'll see how she goes..
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

Another thing I forgot, 2mm acrylic applied over underneath to seal in the battery compartment, also to thicken up front plate, covered up the gears where I'd ground the wsn curves off. Transmission armour now sits a bit high, but it's close enough bar rivet counting

Return to “Other Builds”