Wsn pair

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Wsn pair

Post by cashybai »

rsz__20180630_135920.jpg
rsz__20180630_135920.jpg (71.95 KiB) Viewed 896 times
As foretold, the addiction has started.. Picked up this pair of Wsn tiger and t34 over the last couple of days, t34 needs a few bits fixing, but not a bad thing, really got them for the tiger to use as a base to mod as a normandy tiger. Need to sort out the recoil but it's mostly OK as a base to start. Can't get on with the wsn controls mind, I'm thinking a swap to heng long rx/tx? Any other suggestions before I hit forgebear for bits?
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
hedgepig
Recruit

Re: Wsn pair

Post by hedgepig »

Prepare for major frustration! The WSN tiger runs at 12V (on AA batteries!) as standard and has that silly battery box in the way internally. Also you need to lever up the glued down filler ports on the rear of the deck and the front central vent "mushroom" to be able to open it up to do anything. You may be better leaving it as is so you can battle the Tiger & T34 together.

If you do want to mod the internals, I can try to remember to locate my (actually for my son :) ) tiger and open it up for you! I ended up grafting opening crew hatches onto the hull from a Taigen spare hull (that was fun) and adding magnets to hold the rear of the hull down among other things*... Still need to find a better way of locking the front down.

* This includes adding a Taigen turret via bodgery and butchery so I could have compatible IR with Taigen tanks.
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

I've got into it ok, looks like I've got a heng tiger to move the innards over. I've had a look at the recoil kit, looks like I've got to dismantle it fully and rebuild it completely 8O, but I'll see. The t34 I've got into as well, one of the turret ring lugs needs repairing on that, so I've some fun ahead...
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
hedgepig
Recruit

Post by hedgepig »

Good luck! I ended up keeping the turret base and hacking it to fit the new turret*. The width of the lugs for the gun mount is not standard with the Taigen so I had to butcher that too. It needs a bit of fixing as it droops at one side now... I've gone with a temporary Taigen MFU install with Mako board so that I'm not as restricted with the IR compatibility.

*Purchased a upper hull and IR turret for Taigen as I didn't like the WSN turret or gun & recoil unit.

TBH I don't like how the wheels wobble whilst it runs so I'm now wishing I'd left it as is but it was a good learning exercise! I don't fancy compounding my errors and getting a taigen hull for it though but it is for junior so my inner perfectionist has been silenced for now!

Return to “Other Builds”