King tiger (ultimate addition!)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
tomhugill
Captain

King tiger (ultimate addition!)

Post by tomhugill »

I thought I'd posted the start of this one but it would seem not.

So here goes. Picked this up with an ancient HL jagdpanther and a taigen tiger for an absolute steal. It came as an older BB edition so still had 27meg and pot metal gears. As with so many builds it was going to be a quick titavate and sell on, however this project (as many seem to) grew legs.

As it stands I have a metal torro KT with following upgrades.

Dklm propulsion dynamics gearbox
Clark tk60
Stian sollie fr7 speaker box
Rctankelectronics vampire 2
Rctankelectronics servo recoil unit
Servo elevation
Schumo tow cable holders
Schumo tow cables
Schumo mg34 and mount
Ammo sack for mg34
Schumo fender mounts
Fineline hull mg34
Shapeways fire extinguisher
Shapeways fuel breathers
Shapeways tool clamps
Mk modellbau 3m antenna
Mk modellbau command antenna
Verlinden full crew

I've undertaken the mechanical side and converted the tank to servo recoil and elevation, installed the electrics and battle system.

The next stage has been for Gary Farrow to undertake some of his magic and remove the lower hull zim as it will be Ardennes KT. Hes added welds, flame cut ends to the hull plates, roller texture where applicable and has started to install the detail, next step will be a gorgeous hard edged Ardennes camo job.

The eagle eyes ammongst you will notice the gearboxes show are taigen BB 4:1s, these have subsequently stollen to power my E90 and replaced with the dklm ones.

phpBB [video]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: King tiger (ultimate addition!)

Post by Soeren »

This one Looks really promising. A lot of nice additions planned :thumbup:

How do you rate the shapeways cmals set? Do you have some closeups? And how durable would you say These are?

The DKLM gearbos has so much power, one has to be really sensitive with the stick movement. :crazy:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Soeren wrote:This one Looks really promising. A lot of nice additions planned :thumbup:

How do you rate the shapeways cmals set? Do you have some closeups? And how durable would you say These are?

The DKLM gearbos has so much power, one has to be really sensitive with the stick movement. :crazy:
Cheers! They seems pretty robust compared to the photos etch ones I've had before
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

A little update, the camos on an stencils are done, lovely work from Gary.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

And more! A feast for the eyes! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

And some more weathering! She's nearly there.ImageImageImageImageImage

dabber
Lance Corporal

Post by dabber »

Wow, really like the rust streaks....inspirational stuff.

Gary
Take care..........Gary
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

You did a wonderful job. Please let me point out only one. It seems that the processing of reinforcement rib of your side fender is wrong. In the side fender of Tiger II, the second and fourth side fenders from the front are welded the reinforcement ribs at both ends, and the other fenders are inserted into it. Therefore, for example if you remove the second side fender from the front, reinforcement ribs should not remain at both ends of the removal location. Also, if you remove the third fender from the front, reinforcement ribs will remain on both the front (the second fender side) and the rear (the fourth fender side) of the removal location.

Return to “Other Builds”