E50 fit out

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
tomhugill
Captain

E50 fit out

Post by tomhugill »

This is another one of Edelwiess' tanks.i bought as a shell and intended servo recoil and elevation, led flash, hidden battle system, tcb, benedini, beefy speaker box, low ratio gears and possibly a tensioner.

Tonight I added the servo recoil and elevation. I rebuilt the tamiya recoil with a servo, which necessitated some minor surgery but it just fits. Elevations quick and dirty, the barrel is weighted to point down so I used a micro servo arm pushes it back up, because there's no linkage it's safe from damage should the barrel take a
knock.

I'm testing the recoil using a sirveo (hence the reversed action) and the elevation with a pot on the radio so it's not a smooth as it should be.

phpBB [video]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Re: E50 fit out

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom I really like this piece and the servo setup is very nice. I caught your videos today.

Apparently nobody has received the memo about the war ending a year earlier.....

And these boys are just about to start some trouble they can no doubt handle

Following along
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Re: E50 fit out

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks, a little progress on the e50, I've now got all the turret functions boxed off so, servo recoil and elevation, vampire hidden receiver, hidden emitter in the turret front and LED flash. I've also built up the speaker box and fitted that. All I need to do now is get the radio so I can use the sbus tk24 in the short term (hopefully upgrade to tk60 in the future), need to fit the head and convoy lights. Long term I'm going to add a henntec adjuster and the propulsion dynamics gearbox. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Other Builds”