SU-85M / SU-100 build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.

Postby Markocaster » Wed May 16, 2018 3:41 am

Hello all,
It’s been ages and ages since I posted anything. So I just picked up a preowned SU-100 project and thought if I posted it would encourage me to work on it faster :)
It’s a trumpeter upper and lower hull, a resin top, and various metal detail parts. Here are a few pics as I got it.
ImageImageImage
So I started doing some research and found the kit I have is somewhere between an su-85m and su-100 just very minor differences but my mantlet seems to match an 85M more than 100
ImageImage
I began cleaning the parts and cut a roof from styrene, then cut out holes and added the hatches. I also added a little height to the copula.
As you can see it was missing a few bits Sassgrunt came to the rescue (thanks Mike ) and I should have some more parts soon.
That’s it for tonight
Cheers Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Postby c.rainford73 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:52 am

Looks great Mark. Will be following along closely, a big fan of this tank :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Captain

Postby Raminator » Wed May 16, 2018 11:00 am

Nice find Mark, this'll be a good one. Looks like a WSN lower, Trumpeter upper and An-Bri casemate? I've got one of these kits too, I'll be following along with interest.
Raminator
Staff Sergeant

Postby Markocaster » Tue May 22, 2018 11:03 pm

I have made a little more progress, it’s still very rough but the roof is on and hatches mostly in place. I added the fuel drums on one side and did a little texturing with mr surfacer.
I rebuilt the rear engine deck with the extra trumpeter parts , looks much neater and I have an etch grill to go on as well. Anyone spot any glaring errors so far lol ? I still have quite a few little detail bits to attach and then on the the lower half , That’s a whole new adventure lol more on that later.
Cheers Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Postby c.rainford73 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:01 am

Looking good Mark :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Captain

Return to Other Builds